Prod 1000 record?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Prod 1000 record?
MCN reporter Jefferies went over 30 seconds faster than teh current prod 1000cc record, with a best time of 124.68mph...

then on lap two of the race he went 124.31 and that's said to be the record?

Where have i gone wrong, cos to me, the practice time is quicker?
07-06-2002, 05:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Prod 1000 record?
Afternoon Damon,

For any lap record to count it has to be done in the race and not in practise.

Hislop (only one I'm sure of) definately went quicker than Carl Fogarty's fastest lap from 1992 in practise atleast once (maybe a couple of times) but it did'nt count as it was not in a race, Unofficial lap record if you like.

Foggy's lap was'nt broken Officially until Jim Moodies unbelievable lap from a standing start in 1999.

Hope this explains things

kind regards

BodTheCap
07-06-2002, 06:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Afternoon Damon,

For a lap time to count, it has to be done in a Race and not in Practise.

Carl Fogarty's long standing lap record from 1992 was broken on a couple of occasions (I think) by Steve Hislop but only in practise, not in a race so lap record was still Foggy's (think McCallen may have done it also but only in practise)

It put Foggys lap into perspective that it was so good that it took seven years to smash when Jim Moodie done that amazing lap in the 1999 Senior TT race on the RC45 750 Honda from a standing start!!!

Hope this clears things for you.

kind regards

BodTheCap
07-06-2002, 06:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks very much for that - just like a British Superbike etc race, has to be in the race... just didn't think that counted on the TT. don't know why!

I know, Carl's lap just of been something special, real special, but Jefferies @ 124-odd on a 'standard' Suzuki, faster than the works RC45, truly amazing.

What has happened to the Senior race?
07-06-2002, 07:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Senior was a great race......and at amazing speeds also. These Suzukis are absolute Rocket Ships. David Jeffries done 18mins 47 seconds on lap 2 which was not a 'Flying Lap (part of lap was slowing down to enter pits) on his way to a great victory ahead of the other Suzuki rider Ian Lougher with John McGuiness further back in third.
18 minutes 47 seconds equals an average speed of 127.29mph done in good but not perfect conditions (damp patches under the trees and blustery wind especially on the mountain).
How much faster can David Jeffries go???
Only time will tell.

Kind regards

BodTheCap
07-06-2002, 07:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks very much.... do you know where i can get the full results, this site has gone to sleep, must be that foozball stuff, england won i believe, not a fan myself!

How much faster can DJ go, you know, i think next year he can really be looking at 127.5-128mph.... i mean look how much faster he went than his lap record this year: 125.95 to 126.68 so add 1mph onto that and you're getting very close to breaking the 128mph mark. How amazing would that be? Don't know if it can be done, but if Jefferies can do anything like what Foggy did, then who knows?
07-06-2002, 08:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, did you say DJ went 127.2mph? I just seen 18min 47s, does you mean 17m 47s? Perplexed!
07-06-2002, 09:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well done everyone!!
Just like to say a big "well done" to all the brave and talented racers at the TT. They were certainly entertaining - even the ones who did not get a mention on the commentary. Fair enough, most of the lads and lasses out there do not ride for the big well known teams, but still nevertheless deserve a mention. It takes guts to race that circuit - well done again!!
07-06-2002, 09:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry about that........think I was still in shock (not enough Woodpecker). It was 17mins 47 seconds. If he was to be pushed going into the sixth and final lap, I think it would be possible (for him anyway) to do 128mph lap which in time equals 17 mins 39 seconds.

How long (if at all) before he or someone else does 17 mins 21 seconds....ie......130mph???

I'm from the Island and I have often rode at 130mph on the mountain circuit......but to be able to go round at an AVERAGE SPEED of anywhere near this is quite Unbelievable!!! These guys are simply AWESOME to watch!!!

Nevermind.....only 50 weeks until TT 2003.

kind regards

BodTheCap
07-06-2002, 10:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Well done everyone!!
Did Ian enjoy his TT? He had some bad luck, I think. Regards to all in weardale
08-06-2002, 12:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Well done everyone!!
Thanks for asking, yes he enjoyed the proddi race and yes he did have some bad luck - an exhaust bracket snapped and the scrutineers obviously wouldn't let him back out until it was properly secured but this cost him 3 minutes in the pits! he still continued the race but didnt get the position he deserved. Never mind, these things happen - perhaps he will have better luck in August at the Manx GP. Weardale says hello.
08-06-2002, 04:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow. Simply wow. The question must be asked, is Jefferies the best rider? How good would it be to put him, Moodie, McGuinness and Rutter on the Gixer 1000 and ask them to battle.

This year, Jefferies went from 18 06 to 17 47, thats 19-seconds.... he needs to knock off 8-seconds to get 128mph..... well how much time do you think he wasted going into the pits. Maybe 5... more? Think about it, he could of cracked the 128mph then. I say, everyone was maybe 126mph would be totally amazing.... and he went a whole mph and more faster.

I think next year Jefferies will get the 128mph. If he was pushed, in perfect track, on a good set up, who knows? if he goes achieve 128 simply, if you can ever say that, then i dunno if he can find an extra 16-seconds for the 130mph.... but i suppose its all a question of the speed of the bike. Maybe 2003 he goes 129mph, tehn 2004 he goes 130mph....

wow, we are getting way ahead of ourselves here.

Yes, 50 weeks to go until we can do it all again.

does anyone know the prize money for each event?
08-06-2002, 09:37 PM