TT Website Forum

Full Version: William Dunlop TT Superbike Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

Wilson Craig backed Honda rider William Dunlop finish in a remarkable 7th place in Saturdays Dainese Superbike TT Race which was held over six gruelling laps of the TT mountain course, with Dunlop's result made all the more remarkable after he had decided to use the Wilson Craig Honda Superstock machine in the race, which was adorned by superior Superbikes.

William also recorded his fastest ever lap around the TT circuit on the opening lap with Dunlop blasting around the 37 mile circuit in a time of 17m46.52s, a speed of 127.357mph.

After plucking away at the leader board from the end of lap one when Dunlop was in 10th place, he managed to climb into 6th place at the end of lap five, but only for a slow sector between Ramsey and the Bungalow on the final lap, he lost out to brother Michael over the mountain section and finished the race in a very creditable 7th.

With the first of the TT races completed and completed successfully, William now looks forward to Mondays Supersport 600 and Superstock TT Races with growing confidence and his form in Saturdays Superbike race, will carry him through to yet another fine result in both class's.

William Dunlop:

"I am over the moon with today's result, especially since I was on the Superstock bike. We had set faster laps on the Superstock bike compared to the Superbike in practice and we decided to ride the stock bike in Saturdays race, more for good preparation for Mondays Race. Now that I know what we can achieve on the bike after today, I am fairly confident that I can be higher up the leader board from the word go in the Mondays Superstock Race.

Everything just clicked into place today, and I must thank Wilson Craig, Dunlop Tyres, and all my sponsors for making this result for me today. As I said during practice, when you have good machinery, you grow in confidence, and I think I have gained a lot of that today".