TT Website Forum

Full Version: Medical clears Ryan Farquhar to race in Senior TT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: bbcsport.gif]

Ryan Farquhar will ride in Friday's Senior Isle of Man TT after passing a medical and completing a practice lap at over 122mph.

It had been thought that Farquhar would not compete this week after suffering severe bruising to his back and ribs following a practice crash last week.

"I'm really sore but I'm going to give it a go," said Farquhar.

"It's painful over the bumps and it's difficult to push the bike through the turns," added the Kawasaki rider.

The Dungannon man crashed at Keppel Gate last Friday and was released from hospital on Monday.

"There has been a big improvement from how I felt last week and I'll take a lot of painkillers.

"I've been to the hyperbaric chamber every day and I have to thank everyone who has helped me get fitter.

I had a rough time at the North West too with the oil spill but every rider goes through periods like this in their career.

"I'm going to go home after this and take a few weeks off and get myself properly fit.

"It's too early to say whether this will be my last TT race but I won't be racing every week the way I have been,"
he added.

[Image: ryanthursday.jpg]
Ryan getting ready to get on his bike in Thursdays practice

Honda-mounted John McGuinness will start as favourite in Friday's six-lap blue riband race but New Zealander Bruce Anstey proved he could match the Morecambe man's pace in the Superbike event before he retired.

Anstey lapped at over 129mph in Thursday's practice lap and will be hopeful of adding to his Supersport success earlier in the week.

Michael Dunlop is confident that his Kawasaki can match the pace of his rivals and Lincolnshire's Gary Johnson is another who is looking for his second success of the meeting.

Keith Amor is becoming stronger after injuring his shoulder in practice and the Scot will be hopeful of claiming his second podium of the week.

Australian Cameron Donald and William Dunlop fly the flag for Wilson Craig Honda while for Relentless TAS Suzuki rider Guy Martin, this race represents his last chance this week to secure his long-awaited first TT win.