TT Website Forum

Full Version: Márquez admits nerves ahead of debut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

Marc Márquez’s has impressed many in the MotoGP™ community this pre-season, not least by topping all three days of the private test at Circuit of the Americas. The Spaniard will now rest at home before travelling to Qatar.

Sixth overall in the final three-day test at Jerez, where rain broke up proceedings on all days, Márquez left the venue on a positive note.

[Image: marqueztesjerez1.jpg]

"The positive point is that I feel much better than (Sunday) and that we have made a big improvement with the consistency," he explained to motogp.com during a video interview. "Also, I have seen that this circuit is very different from Malaysia and Austin. I will now have some time at home in order to prepare everything.

"We should be happy after this pre-season because it has been better than what I expected. In Qatar, for sure I will be nervous – because it is the first race – but we will try to do our best. The key is to just concentrate on our work."

20-year-old Márquez heads into the top tier of the sport as reigning Moto2™ World Champion, having missed out on podium finishes in only three races last year.