TT Website Forum

Full Version: Penz13.com BMW Racing Team: Storrar earns brilliant 16th in Superbike TT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: penz13logo.jpg]

Isle of Man. James “Jimmy” Storrar earned a brilliant 16th spot during todays 6 lap Superbike TT round the Mountain Course at the Isle of Man. The BMW S 1000 RR rider had been moved up the start ranking by the officials after his great showings during this week’s Qualifying sessions. In the race itself Jimmy made further ground.

Storrar took off with a strong start to his Superbike TT and was able to get some of his competitors during the first lap already. His two first laps both came with an average speed of over 124 mile per hour which meant P18 at his first pit stop. Storrar then moved on to 17th and held this position the next two laps before coming in for another refuelling. Laps five and six were accomplished safely by the British rider and he took a more than satisfying 16th at the flag.

Storrar lapped the Mountain Course with a total race time of 1:52,11,142 hours, which meant an average speed of 121,006 miles per hour (194,73 km/h).

The Superbike TT victory today went to Michael Dunlop on a BMW S 1000 RR. It’s been the first BMW win in a Solo category on the Isle of Man since 1939 Georg Meier.

Team mate Dan Kruger was not allowed to compete in the Superbike TT. On Saturday evening he got another chance to qualify for the Superstock- and Senior TT. Bad weather cut his practice time short during last week’s sessions and the Canadian is still struggling to get to grips with the complex course.

[Image: jimmystorrar-race1.jpg]

Jimmy Storrar:

„I am somehow satisfied but as a racer you always want to be quicker. I found a good rhythm right from the word Go and felt comfortable riding out there. The result is ok but I also know where I lose time. I am looking forward to the Superstock TT on Monday already.”

Rico Penzkofer:

„Jimmy’s 16th in the Superbike TT is more than ok - that’s been a massive achievement! We are more than happy! He gave it his all and really enjoyed riding out there, outpacing more than 40 other riders. We only can pull of the hat! I am sure we might expect even more during Monday’s Superstock TT. Dan now needs to qualify for the remaining races. He went round the course in his car a couple of times again and watched some OnBoard footage. All he needs are some more kilometres on the bike, but I am confident this will happen. I want to use this opportunity to congratulate Michael Dunlop and BMW Motorrad to their win in today’s Superbike TT. Great achievement!”