TT Website Forum

Full Version: Emergency Help Facility for Campers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tthelp.jpg]

In Addition

Lost and Found or stolen items,

Information on whats happening where and when

Emergency numbers,

Boat / Air tickets swaps,

A number of other places are available for fans wanting help.

The Salvation Army Citadel in Lord Street, Douglas, will be open for refuge with shelter, providing hot drinks and snacks.

They'll be open from 4 o'clock.

The school hall in St Marks and Ballasalla hall are also available in the south - you can call 488008 for more information.

In the north Lezayre Commissioners are offering sanctuary - you can call them on 812500.

And if you're in the east, Peel is offering shelter at Corrin hall - and the number there is 316001.
Just looking at the live webcam in Ramsey, and it's chucking it down.  I feel sorry for all you campers, and really hope the weather improves soon for you.  It's going to be much nicer next year !
I also have a double bed free for bikers needing shelter. Ring Clare on 491196. I am about ten mins walk from the grandstand. 
[Image: tthelp.jpg]

TT visitors were able to find shelter as local churches and community groups opened their doors, while a specially-created social media page matched stranded campers with hundreds of residents who offered them temporary homestay accommodation.

Sandra Diamond, one of the co-ordinators of the TT 2015 Helpline Isle of Man page on Facebook, said: ‘It’s an amazing thing that happened and the community really came together to show the best of the Isle of Man.’

She said the effort is still ongoing as visitors will need help to dry their gear and repair their tents.

Extract from iomtoday.co.im