TT Website Forum

Full Version: CHARLEY BOORMAN’S 1 MAN SHOW HEADS TO THE IOM WITH STEAM PACKET COMPANY ASSISTANCE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: steampackethdr.gif]

CHARLEY BOORMAN’S ONE-MAN SHOW HEADS TO THE ISLE OF MAN WITH STEAM PACKET COMPANY ASSISTANCE

One of the big names visiting the Isle of Man TT this year is TV presenter, adventurer and motorcycle enthusiast Charley Boorman. He is bringing his one-man show to the Gaiety Theatre in Douglas, and the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company is pleased to be helping out.

A regular TT visitor and fan of the event, Charley will be hosting Charley Boorman Live on 9th June. It is a chance to hear about his life and career, as well as what he thinks about the TT. His last Gaiety show, two years ago, was a sell out and this year’s is set to be just as successful.

To help the performance go ahead, the Steam Packet Company agreed to assist with the transport of Charley’s tour van to the Island, bringing everything he needs to put on a great show for the eager audience.

Charley said:

‘I just love being on the Isle of Man, it is a holiday paradise and I cannot wait to take to the stage at the Gaiety Theatre. The TT fans are such an enthusiastic and knowledgeable audience I know it is going to be a great show.

‘Billy, my tour manager, has been busy packing the van up for its trip on Ben-my-Chree, taking all the gear over. It is a fantastic ship, and I’m really grateful to the Steam Packet Company for looking after us so we’re ready to put on a show the audience can really enjoy.

‘It is always really exciting to be heading back to the Island, in fact I’m already planning a trip back with my family later in the year. Thanks again to the Steam Packet Company for looking after us.’

[Image: Charley_Boorman.jpg]

Charley is probably best known for the TV series Long Way Round and Long Way Down, when he was joined by his friend Ewan McGregor, star of Trainspotting and Moulin Rouge, on two epic motorcycle adventures. However, his solo journeys have also featured in popular TV shows, plus he is a successful travel writer and former Dakar Rally competitor.

Steam Packet Company Chief Executive Mark Woodward said:

‘Charley is well-known as a fan of the TT and the Isle of Man, and we know how popular he is among both visiting fans and local residents. His show is bound to be one of the highlights of the TT festival, and we’re delighted to be able to assist in helping it go ahead so hundreds of fans can enjoy Charley’s witty and fascinating performance.’