TT Website Forum

Full Version: 12th place again for Lintin in second Supersport TT race
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: rcexpresshdr.jpg]

Ivan Lintin and the RC Express Racing team enjoyed yet another excellent day of racing at the Isle of Man TT Races on Wednesday with the 30-year old taking 12th place once more in the second four-lap Supersport race.

The Bardney rider opened his account with a standing start lap of 123.036mph and a slightly quicker lap second time around of 123.185mph saw him maintain his position. He was only eight tenths of a second behind David Johnson although the Australian was able to edge away in the second half of the race.

Circulating on his own for the majority of the race around the 37.73-mile Mountain Course, a final lap of 122.985mph meant that Ivan just got the better of double TT winner Cameron Donald by two tenths of a second for his second top 12 finish of the week.

Ivan Lintin:

“I caught Michael Rutter quite early on and he was the only rider I saw all race so it was quite a lonely ride but I was able to just do my own thing and keep plugging away. I saw P14, P13 and then P12 and although 11th was within my grasp at one stage, both David and Peter Hickman put in stunning final laps so 12th was the outcome. The leaders were doing 127mph laps which is pushing on but I’m really happy with another 12th place and we’ll be stronger next year for sure.”

Ben Constable, Team Co-Owner:

“It’s another solid performance and everybody’s running a blinding pace out there so we’ve got to be happy. Everyone’s pushing on and is flat out so two take two twelfth place finishes in the Supersport races is no mean feat. It was out first meeting with a 600cc machine and we’ve got to say a big thank you to Nick and Jeb at MSS for building us a superb bike that’s completed all eight laps without a single issue. We opted not to run a full-blown Supersport-spec bike to ensure reliability and it paid dividends whilst the next development of engine will enable us to push on even further.”

Ivan has a busy day on Friday with outings in both the three lap Lightweight and the six lap Senior races.

[Image: Ivan-negotiates-Union-Mills-during-the-S...t-race.jpg]

Picture by Jon Jessop Photography