TT Website Forum

Full Version: maria 114
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Anonymous

Maria costelloe has done a 114+ standing start lap in the proddy 1000

Anonymous

Yeah 114.73 mph, just under a second off the fastest ever female lap, but where did she finish, she is not on any of the duke times and even her first lap tie has been removed, was she out of fuel?

Anonymous

Maria retired on lap 3 out on the back of the course, reason unknown at the moment.

Anonymous

She's done it---she is now the fastest person of the opposite sex on the TT course (You have to be careful how you phrase these items)

CONGRATULATIONS MARIA--SOME LAP !!!

Next time FINISH the race !!!

Anonymous

This has been all over Manx Radio etc. only, I thought Sandra did 114.87mph??

Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's what it say's on IOMTT.com!

Anonymous

I have at least a couple of friends who can't get radioTT while they are at work, so I posted the info for them on this board and for anyone who may be in the same boat, as it were...

The speed was irrelevant at that time, only the fact that she is now fastest lady--

They'll get the results and times when they get home.

Anonymous

We have had a good look through the archives and we can find several reports which say that Sandras fastest lap was 114.63. BUT - In the rider profile it says 114.87!!! Hope someone can tell us what the correct one is and WHO is the fastest lady.

Anonymous

I have also looked at the rider profile and it does indeed say 114.87 on a junior machine.........I have e-mailed the powers-that-be for confirmation either way.......

Anonymous

Well, that's the book value....

has " the other site" got it wrong on the rider profile ??

Anonymous

I think what Ian is trying to say is that she is the fastest lady currently riding at the TT.
According to dukes database Sandra is the lady with the quickest ever lap by a female at 114.87, but its getting very close now, about 1 second in it. It is a sign of how good Sandra was that it is still 7 years later that her record still stands, not many records last that long.
The Manx Radio commentator said Maria was now the quickest, but he also said "French man Fabienne Migout had done well" ????????
Fabienne is of course a female rider.
Bet Geoff Cannell was P*****g himself, if he could stay awake long enough through the dulcate tones of this years commentators, apart from the one at Glen Helen, who was good as ever.

Anonymous

The official ACU results for the 1997 Junior show Sandra as lapping in 19m 44.9s on her fourth lap. Maria lapped in 19m 43.8 today.

Anonymous

If thats what the official results say then Maria has finally done it, Well Done Maria!!! :-)
Where did duke get their time from for Sandra?

Anonymous

Thanks bill was nice to meet you, going to get the old bike mart this week

Anonymous

In that case, I stand corrected!

I only had lap speed info to go from, not lap times, hence my original question. This was not intented to contradict anyone, just a question...

Anonymous

Don't worry about it Carolynn, you don't need to stand corrected, the info is there for everyone to see on the " official" site, I do love that word official. Without all the hard work over the last few years from Malcolm and Paul on rrr the " Official " site would still be showing times from 2000.
Thanks for all the updates this year Malcolm, it was a god send, stuck at NEC car show, access to intrnet but not allowed to have radio. Cheers Mate!!!!! I owe you a drink when we meet again!!

Anonymous

Hi Russ, how's tricks mate. Haven't heard from you for a while and yip I'll let you buy me that pint the next time we meet. You getting across for the Southern ?

Anonymous

I didn't think you'd refuse the pint ;-)
I won't be over for the southern, I've never been to it before and probably never will, but I hope to be at the MGP all being well.
I just hope I don't get a call from work til later or I'll be missing todays racing too!!
ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH.
Cheers

Anonymous

Well you were right there weren't you Russ, the first one is certainly on you. Shame about the Southern, but never mind, may well catch you for the Manx then, if not before.

Anonymous

Congratulations to Maria for beating Sandra's 7 year old record. We thought that it would stand forever, Maria deserves the success, she has worked damn hard to become the fastest lady rider. Well done. Pete Barnett