TT Website Forum

Full Version: VMCC Manx GP Rally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can find no trace of a rally on what should be the Golden Jubilee year if memory serves me correctly from last year.
Sod's Law!

Entry form arrived this afternoon as did notification that my impending eye op has been put back to 18th August, the day after I was to sail.
I too, have been looking for mention, but could find nothing!
Maybe the eye op will be put back again?
perhaps by you? Icon_lol
I can forward the form if you want.

I've been waiting sixteen months for what the NHS view as non serious so I am at the bottom of the priority queue. In my view (so to speak) I need to get it done as DVLA have revoked my licence once already and I now have a conditional medical licence.

If I put the op back then there is a greater chance of another emergency cropping up and me getting shoved back further.

The joys of senile decrepitude and not being a breadwinner any more! I no longer matter.
Operation is going ahead next Friday and I'll need to lay face down for a week to protect the eye, so sadly the Manx GP is a non starter for an event I did not want to miss.

Must get the eye sorted or fall foul of DVLA again.
That's a real shame, timing couldn't have been worse!
Hope it all goes well Chris.

When you say "lay face down for a week".......?
It's a vitrectomy due to the clag floating around in my right eye, vision is poor.

Danger of retinal detachment after an 'oil change' in the eye. They put in a gas bubble that floats up and presses on the retina at the back of the eye provided you lay face down.

I won't be on line for e few days but am not a patient patient!