TT Website Forum

Full Version: manxman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i see they have gone back to the 1960s on the new boat tyiing bike to bike with ropes ,all we need is tyres inbetween and the picture is complete
not sure if true but hearing tales of bikes falling over
(03-09-2023, 05:02 PM)scaramanga Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if true but hearing tales of bikes falling over

Only 3 apparently - not sure what the whole story is..
Steam Packet to investigate motorcycle parking on new vessel - Manx Radio
Mates bike and two others fell over on the Friday crossing. He said it was a millpond crossing as well. Lucky no damage done . When we come back on bank holidays Monday again very still crossing but the maxman seemed to list heavily coming into Heysham . I have never known the Ben to roll like that coming into harbour
hearing similar story it turns very quick when turning to arrive at port and unsettles things
I note she's doing the evening run today.

All sorts of changes due to the weather and Manannan losing an engine for the rest of the year.
Looks like they broke something this morning.

Ramp went up at 0830 but did not leave, 0900 ramp back down on quay, 0945 still there
0950 and just leaving

Manx forums say that the footie gangway fouled the marine escape system. Luckily there was a crane on the quayside at the time
I'm heading back to my home isle on the 15th for a few weeks ... hopefully it won't be too windy, the tide won't be too low and they might have got the hang of actually driving the thing if there's a bit of a sea on.......not convinced as yet.
Deckhand Noakes Xmas update .. . .. .. .. . .. Well it sailed on time and there was a fair SWish oncoming swell on which didn't seem to affect stability comfort as much as the Ben would have done BUT we were only sailing at 16 knots which I believe is still under trial speed regulations - there's still a big rumour floating around that if speed is increased to around 20knots which is supposedly the normal speed the boat vibrates/shakes noticeably....inside is much more spacious and comfy - no banging entry doors on the decks and seats that if nobody else wants a seat you can stretch out on......also it seemed to enter the IoM harbour area quicker and stopped quicker, seemed to take longer to get the rear loading platform/deck in position though....best salty windy hoolie seasonal rgds to all onboard the good ship TTW from Alfie and the blessed isle.