TT Website Forum

Full Version: MGP so far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cargo

I'm at home again briefly for a night at work.

It was a funny old practise week some things went well and others didn't
but we've throughly enjoyed the Manx so far.
I've 12 laps done and while I'd love to be out tonight it doesn't really matter that much.

Strangest thing this week is that I have lapped faster on a 63hp 400 than I have on my other one which I know has a lot more ponies :?
I can't figure it out :?

My 600 has a "funny" gearbox so thats coming out. If anyone heard me just after crossing the line last night you'll know why. It sounded like a big box of nails.

It seems that the marshalling situation is for now OK and I'd like to thank all the marshalls for all the hard work they do. Having said that I did come across one or two totally unnesscessary yellow flags..........then again maybe something was happening out of my sight :?:

I also saw some rather dangerous riding and was passed by a newcomer on waved yellows. And there was a knowing smile on my face when I saw one guy have a bit of a cold tyres full tank monent at The QB... thankfully he stayed on.

I'll be back tomorrow for the social highlight of the week with John Foster at PSM and later I'll be at the marshals supper. Monday we'll be at GL to marshal. And with any luck we'll spend Tuesday doing a bit of fishing down at PSM again.

Funnyist monent of the week was in the tent on Thursday night Tim Carrington was in the tent with us for a drink and we were discussing how practise had gone. I proudly told him how I had passed number 65 on a green plate who starts 10 seconds in front of me in the race..........he'll be my target this year I said "got to get past him as early in the race as I can"

And Tims response.............."Thats me I'm number 65"

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: