TT Website Forum

Full Version: Hill leads title chase after Brands Hatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Worx Crescent Suzuki's Tommy Hill leads the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship after the opening round at Brands Hatch, ending his day with a second place finish - his second podium of the day.

Hill had taken the opening spoils but in race two it was Swan Honda's James Ellison that got a flying start off the line to lead the race. The Worx Crescent Suzuki rider shadowed his rival, desperate to make it a winning double at his home round but it wasn't to be and he had to settle for second.

Hill said: "That second race was great, hats off to James as he rode so well in that one and although I wanted to make a pass I just couldn't. The Indy circuit is so hectic that sometimes you really have to make 'do or die' moves, so to take a second place is good for me and good for the Worx Crescent Suzuki team. Of course I wanted to beat James, but it wasn't to be today but I am over the moon with two podiums. It is definitely the result we wanted; to come away from my home round at Brands Hatch leading the championship.

Full Race Results can be downloaded HERE