TT Website Forum
New rules to be announced later today? - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TT Related Posts (Only) (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New rules to be announced later today? (/showthread.php?tid=18923)

Pages: 1 2

New rules to be announced later today? - Steady the Edward - 04-03-2015

New rules to be announced later today says Paul Philips on face book,  
 New rules this close to the event??? I like the sound of that !!! hope it's nothing major , why do I have the feeling some one will not like the new rules ? 

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - c iom tt - 04-03-2015

What he said on Twitter 17 hrs ago was, and I quote...
TT Race Management Team Meeting today including coming up with a load of new rules for this years TT! ( his exclamation mark)

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - LukeHondaBrightside - 04-03-2015

Seeded numbers will be abolished....

Nah, I cant see it ! :-D  

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - gixxertim - 04-03-2015

Maybe one might be average sector times for yellow flags after last years little tiff?

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - Malcolm - 05-03-2015

Due to the content of a few posts, now deleted, I remind you of the T&C's for using  the Forums,

Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and the moderator will edit or delete such messages. The Moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderators decision is final in such matters.

Malcolm.

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - jimmy182 - 05-03-2015

What was wrote malc?

If I was to tell you, I would have been just as well leaving the posts on here and readable to the public.

Malcolm

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - BRADDAN OAK - 05-03-2015

Does anyone know what the new rules are, have they been made public yet?

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - Steady the Edward - 05-03-2015

Yet another Paul Philips hype job , now we can't tell you the information is classified, it is too sensitive to be released to the general public , some ruffians on the social media and forums my get hold of it , tut tut can't have that , lol

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - c iom tt - 05-03-2015

(05-03-2015, 11:28 AM)BRADDAN OAK Wrote: Does anyone know what the new rules are, have they been made public yet?

I was thinking that myself.
It is a strange thing for the 'powers that be' to comment on so publicly prior to it being made public.
I am more curious to know if a certain top flight TT riders was reading ( and commenting on) this thread to see if if there was any information for him to gather, or if he knows what the new rules are, and was checking out the commentsConfused

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - gixxertim - 05-03-2015

Won't be anything revolutionary I'm sure, but had me checking in every 30 to see what it was though lol

Come one Paul Phillips let the cat out of the bag

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - y2blade - 05-03-2015

"New rules to be announced later today says Paul Philips on facebook"

What Facebook page was this on please?

It was on the      TT IOM Tourist Trophy      facebook page  

Also on his Twitter site

Paul Phillips @PaulPhillips_TT · Mar 3
TT Race Management Team Meeting today including coming up with a load of new rules for this year's TT!
0 replies 4 retweets 3 favorites
Reply Retweet4 Favorite3
More

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - c iom tt - 05-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 12:13 PM)c iom tt Wrote: What he said on Twitter 17 hrs ago was, and I quote...
TT Race Management Team Meeting today including coming up with a load of new rules for this years TT! ( his exclamation mark)

Do keep up Eddy!

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - y2blade - 05-03-2015

Eddy, thanks.... do you have a direct link to the correct Facebook page please?

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - rovi37.73 - 05-03-2015

Its some changes to number of starters, and qualifying criteria

https://www.facebook.com/paul.phillips.7965692/posts/10153665598024128

To assist with the inevitable "my TT numbers are rubbish and these people don't know what they are doing" debate which appears on social media about this time each year, I think it is a good idea to share some of the information given to the TT Competitors earlier today on this subject.

It's based on some logic and not just plucked out of the fresh air. And remember folks... outside of the top 20 (10 in Sidecars) you qualify for your starting spot during practice anyway.

This is what all the TT Teams and Competitors have been sent, which I am sure is of interest to some of the fans as well. It's a fabulous entry for this years event and something to be quite excited about!

Dear Teams and Competitors

The entry period for the 2015 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy came to a close last Friday and today the Race Management Team met to consider the entries received.

Continuing the trend from recent years, this year’s entry is very strong in terms of both quantity and quality, with the Superbike, Superstock, Supersport and Senior classes in particular being significantly oversubscribed. It was also very pleasing to see such a large sidecar entry, the largest in 8 years.

If you are receiving this e-mail it means you have an accepted entry for at least one TT Race in 2015 and your riding number(s) has/have been allocated. To obtain your riding number(s) please access your account on the TT Entry System where they have been assigned to your entries in each individual class.

The entries and the allocation of riding numbers is based upon data compiled from each riders fastest lap speed, per class, set in racing conditions, in either of the past two years. Where a rider has entered a class for the first time or the first time in more than two years, an estimated speed has been allocated using data from other previous performances.

A number of important changes to the regulations were also agreed during this morning’s Race Management Meeting which impact upon you all. They are as follows:

1. The maximum number of starters for the Superbike, Superstock and Senior TT will be 72.
2. The maximum number of starters for all other classes will be 78.
3. The qualification criteria for all classes will change from 115% of the third fastest qualifier to 112%.

An updated version of the regulations will be sent to you in the near future showing these amendments.

In the Superbike, Superstock, Supersport and Senior classes, significantly more entries than are allowed to start the races, have been accepted for qualifying. The fastest qualifiers (72 or 78 as above) in each class will start the races which may mean that a rider will meet the qualification standards but not get to race.

Newcomers with an accepted entry are guaranteed a race start provided they meet the qualification criteria in each class.

I trust the above is clear. However if you require any further information, please contact Sophie Lowney or Bruce Baker at Sophie.lowney@gov.im and bruce.baker@gov.im respectively who will be happy to assist you.

Best wishes

Paul Phillips

So the 112% is interesting but no doubt they fully expect full starts, I've worked that out just for superbike to a 2 min a lap gap based on a 17:20 time by the top 3

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - dommyman - 05-03-2015

Oh dear! how are we going to get those high numbers for our countdown photos next year ?

RE: New rules to be announced later today? - warrior - 05-03-2015

(05-03-2015, 05:37 PM)gixxertim Wrote: To assist with the inevitable "my TT numbers are rubbish and these people don't know what they are doing" debate which appears on social media about this time each year, I think it is a good idea to share some of the information given to the TT Competitors earlier today on this subject.

It's based on some logic and not just plucked out of the fresh air

Oh dear, chips and shoulders??

Does anyone else think its odd that government employees in supposedly prominent positions are permitted to make snidey little public outbursts like that on social media?

Not exactly professional in my book.