TT Website Forum
Who, What, Where, When? - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: ALL Photographs and Video Shots etc... (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Who, What, Where, When? (/showthread.php?tid=29796)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Sam Pato - 04-02-2021

Sticky,

Good to hear you're still with us.

Just wanted to reassure you that for my part, I shall be waiting for the next picture, primed like a coiled spring ready to strike with (my usual) wildly inaccurate guesses. The tension having ratcheted up a notch now we know you're still alive.

Sam

PS Chin up old lad.

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - captainsparkledotcom - 05-02-2021

Keep up the good work Sticky, don't let the b@ggers grind you down!
I don't get on the PC as much as I used to, but I've had this pic in mind for a while, not one of my best, but see if you can figure out the Who, where etc.
[Image: IMG-5619.jpg]

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Alfie Noakes - 05-02-2021

Good to see you back Mike / Sticky, thanks for all the previous pics and info .... very much appreciated.
Think i've got Captain's great pic location ^^ but Sam's spring sounds like it's at breaking point so i'll hang back 'til the sun goes over the yard arm in his time zone...

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - bsa499 - 05-02-2021

I'm so pleased this thread is 'alive' again. Sticky, you've been a tonic for those of us who do appreciate the subject and the background effort involved. Many, many thanks to you in particular and to all contributors to this great thread.

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Sam Pato - 05-02-2021

Just saw this before turning in and as usual I don’t think I’m going to trouble the experts.

All I’ve got is a low probability punt at the where.

Is it Balaig bridge looking back up towards Ballaspur? If so them it would need to predate the days since became out of bounds but I’m not sure it’s that old.

I’d like to echo the sentiments of bsa499 above. It’s been many years since I looked at anything TT related as soon as I got up outside of race week. Thanks also to Alfie for graciously letting the amateurs have a crack first.

@captain good on ya for picking up the baton. Would appreciate it if you could post any more around midnight GMT so I get a full day to puzzle over it before anyone in the uk gets up.

Cheers

Sam

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - sprocket - 05-02-2021

My wild punt is the left hander before the straight heading towards school house corner ??

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Splashdown - 05-02-2021

Great shot. I reckon it could be Kerrow Moar.

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - sprocket - 05-02-2021

Splashdown, I initially thought the same but from memory, wasn't there a bus shelter or something just after the apex at Kerrow moar?
Mind you I am going back quite a few years.

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Chris_Sav - 05-02-2021

Just after kerromoar, immediately before the Lezayre turning?

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - dommyman - 05-02-2021

Glad to hear you are ok Sticky, I was getting worried with all this Covid going around.

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Alfie Noakes - 06-02-2021

It's closer to Ramsey chaps ...

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Splashdown - 06-02-2021

Maybe Glentramman if it isn't Kerrow Moar.

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - sprocket - 06-02-2021

With reference to one of my previous post, I meant Douglas Road corner.... brain fade!!

Looking on google maps, I`m going for the left hander just before Holy Trinity church Lezayre.

This maybe the same place that Chris_Sav was refereeing to in his post.

I`m so rubbish at this but loving it at the same time....keep um coming guys

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Chris_Sav - 06-02-2021

(06-02-2021, 03:02 PM)sprocket Wrote: Looking on google maps, I`m going for the left hander just before Holy Trinity church Lezayre.

This maybe the same place that Chris_Sav was refereeing to in his post.

I`m so rubbish at this but loving it at the same time....keep um coming guys

Sure T'is just before the church hall. Had to be around there somewhere as the pavements on the other side all down around my gloomy area at section 4.

No clue on the riders yet but I'm thinking MGP Newcomers?

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - captainsparkledotcom - 07-02-2021

I'll be back later, meanwhile here's a different angle, same place.
[Image: IMG-5679.jpg]

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Chris_Sav - 07-02-2021

The side road scuppers my idea! but the view helps with what I thought was the old railway line.

Also looking at goggle it looks like a bit further up from where I thought it was, on the far side of Silly Moos, don't know of a name for the bend but it's just before Ramsey habitation starts, the side road goes up to the scrambling area at Sky Hill.

Haven't tracked down the newcomers but the leading bike has a Honda badge

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - Chris_Sav - 07-02-2021

Ahh they're not GP newcomers, but stockers from 2017, Dan Hegarty.

RE: Who, What, Where, When? - sprocket - 07-02-2021

Then that would be Martin jessopp number 18 and in the other picture number 75 David Madsen-Mygdal ?