TT Website Forum
Future of TT Website (By Malcolm when taken ill in 2021) - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: ADMIN Posts - Everyone Please Read (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+--- Thread: Future of TT Website (By Malcolm when taken ill in 2021) (/showthread.php?tid=30760)

Pages: 1 2 3

Future of TT Website (By Malcolm when taken ill in 2021) - Malcolm - 30-08-2021

It is with very much regret that I make this post.

Due to my present and ongoing health issues, I find myself in a situation where I face daily difficulties in signing in and reviewing the Forum as and when I have always been used to, making posts on many aspects of our sport.

Therefore any posts that I can make in the near to middle term future will cease when the Server Management Agreement expires, and the complete TTwebsite data and historical information will no longer be on view to the public and therefore the site will be closed down in its entirety.

Whether it comes back in a different format remains to be seen.

I sincerely regret having to make this decision, as the site since it's inception in 2000 has been brought to people worldwide providing news and views on many aspects of our sport.

However, my health has to come first and in the very near future, I will become somewhat incapacitated with very little to no access to the Forum etc....

Thank you all for your support over the years as I really do appreciate it.

Sadly with many regrets on having to arrive at this decision,

Malcolm.

RE: Future of TT Website - sprocket - 30-08-2021

So sorry to hear that your health is deteriorating Malcolm and I wish you all the very best.
Can I also say a massive thank you for all your time and effort that you have put into this site, it is very much appreciated.
As you said, health comes first, so look after yourself and thank you once again.

RE: Future of TT Website - BrianW - 30-08-2021

Thank you for all your time and effort Malcolm, I wish you well with the forthcoming battle.

RE: Future of TT Website - Nasher - 30-08-2021

Malcolm,

Thank you very much for all your hard work and effort in setting up & maintaining this excellent forum over the years

I wish you well in the future and sincerely hope your health improves soon

All the best

Nasher

RE: Future of TT Website - Alfie Noakes - 30-08-2021

Second the above comments, thoughts and emotions....the site is/has been a point of genuine informed info, chat and debate....best regards for the future Malcolm .... Alfie.

RE: Future of TT Website - captainsparkledotcom - 30-08-2021

Look after yourself first, Malcolm.
Hopefully we'll see you back up to strength, at home & on this newfangled interweb malarkey in the future.
Best wishes & thanks for all your work & posts in the past.

As Douglas Adams might have said "so long, and thanks for all the fish"! smilie smilie

RE: Future of TT Website - Sam Pato - 31-08-2021

Sorry to hear that you're still not feel the best Malcolm.

I reckon I must have checked TTwebsite more or less daily for about 15 years (but it feels like more) and throughout that time the community it has created has been something I've really valued. Somewhere I/we shared the highs and lowest of lows. So it's been very much appreciated.

All the best for the future - and if you do feel like kicking something off again in future - please count me in.

Cheers

Sam

PS - if anyone can tell me where to go for my TT/MGP fix that would be appreciated.

RE: Future of TT Website - Sam Pato - 31-08-2021

Just out of interest. How did CaptainS get to be reputation level 1?

Is there still time for me to get my reputation off zero before the doors close?

RE: Future of TT Website - bsa499 - 31-08-2021

Oh Malcolm, I'm so sorry to learn that you're still suffering with health issues.

This forum is and will remain a credit to you and (like Sam Pato) I've logged in (as no doubt have many others) almost daily since enrolling to learn as much as possible about all of the Isle of Man's fantastic road race events.

All this has been thanks to your selfless efforts for which I (and I'm sure all of us) are truly grateful and for which I sincerely thank you.

Obviously your recovery is the focus now and with that in mind I wish you well for a speedy recovery and a healthy and happy future.

God Bless Malcolm,

Andrew Ryder

RE: Future of TT Website - SILJA - 31-08-2021

Malcolm, I'm so sad to hear about your health problems. I've daily checked here the last 7 years. Take care and I wish you all the best in the future. Silja.

RE: Future of TT Website - Chris_Sav - 31-08-2021

So very sorry to hear this news both for you and for the forum Malcolm.

I don't like social media so belong to very few but this has been one of them for the last few years. I have run my own forum elsewhere for the last seventeen years so understand the work and dedication you have put into it and I thank you.

Could a whip-around be organised amongst the members to, at least, keep the URL and hosting alive in the hope that another administrator could be found? I cannot offer myself at present as I am 74 and fighting my own health battle.

I wish you all the best,

Chris

RE: Future of TT Website - Malcolm - 31-08-2021

(31-08-2021, 09:02 AM)Chris_Sav Wrote: So very sorry to hear this news both for you and for the forum Malcolm.

I don't like social media so belong to very few but this has been one of them for the last few years. I have run my own forum elsewhere for the last seventeen years so understand the work and dedication you have put into it and I thank you.

Could a whip-around be organised amongst the members to, at least, keep the URL and hosting alive in the hope that another administrator could be found? I cannot offer myself at present as I am 74 and fighting my own health battle.

I wish you all the best,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I will of course be retaining ownership of the names I have related to the TT including TTwebsite, as I am already thinking of perhaps coming back in the future (health permitting of course), to maybe try a fresh approach to what I have done over the years.

The entire website will be downloaded onto a separate External Hard drive in order to retain all of the historical facts and photographs etc, collected over the years.

Who knows what the future holds ? So let's just say, I am not giving up, merely taking a holiday away from it all, to concentrate on my health for a wee while.

Take care all of you, and once again I thank you all for the comments and support over the years,

Sincerely,

Malcolm

RE: Future of TT Website - veefour - 31-08-2021

Very sorry to hear this, thanks very much for all your hard work Malcolm & I wish you all the very best for the future.

RE: Future of TT Website - easyasmith@yahoo.co.uk - 31-08-2021

Many thanks for your efforts Malcolm and good luck for the future, your contributions will be sorely missed.

RE: Future of TT Website - Splashdown - 31-08-2021

This  is very sad news. I am so sorry to hear of your deteriorating health, and offer every best wish for a good recovery.
I have been a member since Malcolm's web site was instigated, (I think) and I know that it has provided so much pleasure for many TT enthusiasts. I can only hope that somehow we meet again. 
Finally THANK  YOU for all the hard work involved in keeping this web site going, I will miss my almost daily visits.

RE: Future of TT Website - Paveway - 01-09-2021

May I echo the sentiments of everyone else and hope you get better soon.

I've only ever been a sporadic and occasional poster in the 13 years I've been on here, but certainly a regular viewer.

Good luck and thank you, Malcolm.

RE: Future of TT Website - bud62 - 01-09-2021

All the very best Malcolm, take care and thank you for this great site. I look forward to it's reincarnation soon.

RE: Future of TT Website - Rednine - 01-09-2021

Hi Malcom, I would like to echo all the previous comments made and I also wish you a whole hearted full recovery over the next few months. Your website is and has been such a joy to have been a member of and, indeed it's been a privilege. I shall drink a toast tonight to your speedy return to full health Malcom. Cheers Party1

RE: Future of TT Website - eman1948 - 01-09-2021

Look after yourself Malcolm and thank you for what you have done and all being well you will return.

RE: Future of TT Website - kilbil - 01-09-2021

The very spirit of the TT lives in these forums and the biggest and most informed of TT fans contributed to making it so. Thanks for all  your hard work Malcolm and here,s hoping the forum reappears in another form 

Kilbil