TT Website Forum
Farewell Dave - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TT Related Posts (Only) (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Farewell Dave (/showthread.php?tid=4225)

Pages: 1 2

Farewell Dave - ROSIE - 07-03-2006

Dave died this morning.

- Kev Brown - 07-03-2006

I am very sorry to hear of Daves passing and my thoughts are with those who were close to him.
I am sure at this time they will be able to get some form of comfort from the fact that prior to his accident how much he gave to the sport he was so involved in,I will never forget seeing him many times racing on the Island.
RIP DAVE.

- Fitz - 07-03-2006

Terrible news :cry: but I suppose those close to Dave can take some comfort in knowing his suffering is finally over.

Thanks Dave for all the years of pleasure you brought into peoples lives, both your family, friends and fans Big Grin

You will go down as a legend on the weee 350 screamers for sure.

R.I.P Dave

deeply saddened - ian huntly - 07-03-2006

We are deeply saddened at the news of Davids passing and send all our commiserations and love to his family and friends........

- Stella - 07-03-2006

Very sad news,

Never met Dave, but watched him race and then saw him and his family and friends at the Jock Taylor meeting a few years ago at Knockhill.

He showed such courage since the accident.

His family and friends are in all our thoughts.

Rest In Peace Dave

Stella

- MV - 07-03-2006

Very sad news.
From what I hear from those who saw him in recentl times, he fought
hard against his injuries and its terrible that it has ended this way.
At least we can now say R.I.P.

For those of us who saw the man in action...... wow!
Never to be forgotten.

R.I.P. Dave

- Hilary M - 07-03-2006

We too,are sorry to hear this sad news.His family will know that we are all here for them.

- charlie hulse - 07-03-2006

Very, very sad. after fighting so hard for so long. RIP Dave.

- MV - 07-03-2006

Just in case some people thought Dave Saville wa simply another sidecar driver, here is a piece written by no less than Mr. Roy Hanks. he should know! I found this elsewhere in this very website.
=====================
In your opinion, who is the greatest sidecar driver around the Mountain Circuit ?

I suppose everyone would say Dave (Molyneux), and he would be the obvious choice. If they were all on the start line and all the outfits were going to finish, Dave would be right up there, I've no doubts about that. He's a proper professional. Deubel, Schazu and Enders are all on a par, they were all brilliant riders, but I think Dave Saville is the greatest rider ever around here. If you could line up all the greats, and they were all on the same machinery and they were all going to finish, my money would be on Dave Saville, with Moly right behind him.
===============

Mike
MV

- GarryD - 07-03-2006

A truly courageous man who fought with the same determination as he did on the race tracks, and one that I'm proud to call my friend. Dave you will always be a TT legend and never be forgotten.

God Bless

Garry Elaine & Carrie

- thewitch - 07-03-2006

I am heartbroken. There is little I can add to what others have said about someone who was a true hero. What I would like to say, however, is that his courage, resolution and sheer grit was equally matched by that of June. Who would have thought, so many years ago, that Dave would have been enabled to have such a good life for so long, with the dreadful injuries he had. There's no way he would have without June. She is the other Saville hero. My heart goes out to the whole family in their loss.

- Anonymous - 07-03-2006

Very sad news i will never forget Dave thanks for the great memories RIP.

- Tom Loughridge - 07-03-2006

When the chequered flag falls for the last time, the racing family of which we are all part share the blood families loss.

- thewitch - 07-03-2006

By a strange and sad coincidence, I believe the widow of Christopher Reeve, who fought a similar battle to Dave's died today too. She was quite young, and I think had lung cancer.

Dave Farewell - ROSIE - 07-03-2006

It has been a hard day for me as well as alot of other people,but the one thing that has brought a smile to me is reading the posts sent in. especially the ones regarding the happy memories you all have of this wonderful man.
I have had an idea.... it may work i'm not sure.
BUT
what I would like to do, with your permission is to retype these memories with your names into a sort of condolence book and give it to the family alittle later on. Thomas is very interested in bikes and some funny and happy memories may just help the saddness a bit. They have for me .
Thank you all.

- Tom Loughridge - 07-03-2006

You won't get any No No's on that one from anyone on this or any other forum. Do it.

dave saville - tappo - 07-03-2006

that is real bad news ,for all those that knew him and for all those that didnt the man was alegend good bye mate .

- Arthur Lawn - 07-03-2006

Under the chequered flag,a fighter to the end,R.I.P. Dave.

- GriffMuss - 07-03-2006

Very sad news, we've lost another hero.
Condolences to the family and friends

Gail & David Griffiths

- Anonymous - 07-03-2006

Very sad news, what can I say that hasnt already been said. RIP Dave.