TT Website Forum
Grandstand parking - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TT Related Posts (Only) (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Grandstand parking (/showthread.php?tid=5212)

Grandstand parking - MV - 07-05-2007

- MV - 07-05-2007

- John Foster - 07-05-2007

You've been warned! The ROTT has already set in.

[Image: robber.jpg]

- larryd - 07-05-2007

Jane and I will be in the Island from Wednesday May 23rd to 3.30 am on Sunday June 3rd.

Our tent will be up in the Billown paddock.

In that time, we will be in or about Douglas certainly once on Friday June 1st 9 or is it Saturday June 2nd?) for early morning practice, plus at most 1 or 2 other visits to Douglas bookshops.

Since my return in 1998 to start my second racing career, I have become convinced that in TT fortnight absolutely nothing north of Ballasalla is worth a flying damn.

I vastly prefer to remember it how it was during my MGPs of 1978 to 1982, and my TTs of 1984 to 1986.

And that was before the centenary ripoff started :!: :!: :!: :!:

Don't take too much money with you, Mike :wink:

- Beatster - 07-05-2007

- MV - 08-05-2007

- Beatster - 08-05-2007

- The Bag - 16-05-2007

- FC - 16-05-2007

- beepee - 16-05-2007

- MV - 16-05-2007

- beepee - 16-05-2007

Phew,thought I had been a mug(again)

- The Bag - 17-05-2007

- thewitch - 17-05-2007

Does she inherit that trait from you, Russ....???

- The Bag - 18-05-2007

Helen most of the time time I'm barely conscious never mind fashionable Lol
Fashion seems to be one of those things that I click onto 12 months too late every time :oops: although i have been known to be a trend setter at times as I'm so far behind fashion that it is usually coming back in just a s I ge bored of it from the first time round :roll:
Russ

- MV - 20-05-2007

Has anyone ordered a grandstand parking ticker?
Has it arrived yet?

MV

- yorky - 20-05-2007

MV Wrote:Has anyone ordered a grandstand parking ticker?
Has it arrived yet?

MV
When you say grandstand parking what and where does this mean,does it include along the road after the racing or on non race days where all the recycling bins are

- MV - 21-05-2007

I mean the "designated area" for race day parking (and maybe practice?)
That is, whatever Duke decide they can get away with and make money from.

MV

- Rocket Man - 21-05-2007

When visiting the grandstand area, we normally park our bikes for free on the tennis courts on the lower side of the grandstand.

Don't tell me that they are going to charge here as well :!: Evil

I have been visiting the TT on a regular basis since the 1979 Millenium Year, and there is a little voice in the back of my mind, telling me that this years TT could be hell, and not what the TT is really about, and do i really want to go :?:
Will there be rip off prices, and everone making a killing :?: Most probably :!:
Will there be gridlock across the mountain :?: Most probably :!:
Will people be standing 10 deep in a pub waiting to get served :?: Most probably :!:
Will the areas where viewing the races were allowed last year, be banned for this year :?: Most probably :!:
Will there be overcrowding at certain viewing points, due to the above question :?: Most probably :!:
Do i really want to go this year :?: Not really :!:
Will i end up going this year :?: Most probably :!:

- MV - 22-05-2007

I am told that all parking "at the grandstand" will be charged for.
I fear ALL that you have listed myself!
But, hey!
I m determined to enjoy!!
So go steady and have fun.
The Island is big enough.....I hope.

MV