TT Website Forum
Well done Scott Redding! - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TT Related Posts (Only) (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Well done Scott Redding! (/showthread.php?tid=6971)

Well done Scott Redding! - MV - 22-06-2008

What a briliant win for the lad form Quedgley!!
(My parents met Quedgley and I spent many summers there
in my childhood)
A win in his 8th Gp!
Hard to believe the statistics about how long since a Brit solo win in the Gps(on the mainland as they kept pointing out.
Ian McConnicie (not sure I remember how to spell it!)
There was another ..... many years since Tommy Robb, which I didnt follow.

Lets hope JT has a good race coming up

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - nutty slack - 22-06-2008

I second that, I was at work and hubby phoned me to tell me. What a brilliant prospect for the future. We have some really good youngsters coming through the ranks so hopefully we will be back up at the top where we belong.

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - thewitch - 22-06-2008

Oh, dear, poor James. What a miserable weekend he's had. Roll on Assen.

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - boakesey - 22-06-2008

Oops, did I post my message in the wrong place?
http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6970

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - MV - 22-06-2008

Sorry James I feel I put the mockers on!
I just KNOW his professionalism will get the rewards its deserves.
As you said H, roll on ASSEN

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - pykey - 22-06-2008

MV Wrote:What a briliant win for the lad form Quedgley!!
(My parents met Quedgley and I spent many summers there
in my childhood)
A win in his 8th Gp!
Hard to believe the statistics about how long since a Brit solo win in the Gps(on the mainland as they kept pointing out.
Ian McConnicie (not sure I remember how to spell it!)
There was another ..... many years since Tommy Robb, which I didnt follow.

Lets hope JT has a good race coming up

a star is born well done Scott.

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - Chris Thackeray - 23-06-2008

Was a fastastic win for someone so young......the kid has a mature head on him.

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - crock stock - 23-06-2008

can someone clear something up. they said on the commentary that scott was the first british winner of the british 125cc gp since tommy robb won the tt in 1973- but my tt book says that there was a 125 tt in 74 which was won by clive horton. have parish and cox made a mistake or did this ultra lightweight tt carry no world championship points?

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - sticky - 23-06-2008

crock stock Wrote:can someone clear something up. they said on the commentary that scott was the first british winner of the british 125cc gp since tommy robb won the tt in 1973- but my tt book says that there was a 125 tt in 74 which was won by clive horton. have parish and cox made a mistake or did this ultra lightweight tt carry no world championship points?

They did make a mistake. Clive Horton indeed did win the '74 TT. The last British winner of a 125 GP was Chas Mortimer - Spain 1975

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - crock stock - 23-06-2008

interesting! did sheene win gps at silverstone on the 500 or was herron the last winner of the main race at a british gp? maybe that famous race between roberts and sheene was the british gp? before my time! mcwilliams came close on the big aprillia in 2000

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - Tel - 23-06-2008

The last British rider to win a 125cc race was Chaz Mortimer in the Spanish Grand Prix of 1973.

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - crock stock - 24-06-2008

did that 125 tt in 74 then not count towards the world championship then?

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - crock stock - 24-06-2008

just looked up my gran prix winners book and theres no mention of clive horton so i take it the 125 tt wasnt a round of the world championship that particular year, meaning that tommy robb was indeed the last british winner of the 125 british gp. so cox and parish were right! and that spanish gp win for mortimor was 1973, your right tel.
sheene never won the 500 race at silverstone so it looks like tom herron was in the last british rider to win the 500cc british gp(1976 senior tt). im trying to work out who won the first british gp to be held at silverstone, maybe there wasnt one in 1977? if thats the case then it was kenny roberts who won it.

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - Tel - 24-06-2008

In 1977,Pat Hennen scored a victory in the British Grand Prix at Silverstone riding a Suzuki.smilie

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - crock stock - 25-06-2008

good man tel! i was going mad there trying to figure that one out! ha ha! cheers

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - Jan Grainger - 26-06-2008

Only last night did I have the opportunity of watching the 125 race which I taped. Two fifteen year olds on the podium!! They looked as though it had not been that long since they left pre-school! Well done indeed Master Redding.

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - PeterCourtney - 26-06-2008

As Pat Hennen was born in Phoenix, Arizona, which last time I looked was in the USA rather than Britain, these posts should be deleted as off-topic!

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - PeterCourtney - 26-06-2008

It is such a condemnation of the state of British short-circuit racing that Scott Redding and Bradley Smith both had to compete in the very well run Spanish championship to progress their careers - the same Spain that now runs MotoGP in the shape of Dorna, and the same Spain that has not authorised a Spanish licence-holder to ride in the Isle of Man since the death of Santiago Herrero due to sub-standard road surfacing inthe 1970 250cc TT.

RE: Well done Scott Redding! - crock stock - 28-06-2008

PeterCourtney Wrote:As Pat Hennen was born in Phoenix, Arizona, which last time I looked was in the USA rather than Britain, these posts should be deleted as off-topic!