TT Website Forum
Scone facts - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Manx Grand Prix & Former Classic TT (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Scone facts (/showthread.php?tid=7121)

Scone facts - The Bag - 30-07-2008

Scone fact number 1 :
The first ever public appearance of The Scones was in 2004 in the parc fermme, when we presented Brian with a celebratary plates of Jam and Cream Scones after he finished 2nd in The Lightweight Race, the other 2 riders were handed a fresh smilie by their mechanics. Bonk

Scone fact number 2: The original Scones were made by a local lady from Onchan called Ann. smilie

Scone fact number 3: The Scones didn't become FFSPS (Full Factory Scone Palace Scones) until Manx Grand Prix 2006. Yahoo

More facts will follow before MGP.
Russ

RE: Scone facts - thewitch - 30-07-2008

Never mind the facts... MORE SCONES!

RE: Scone facts - boakesey - 30-07-2008

Oh crumbs.......

NO CRUMBS... there will be no crumbs....

RE: Scone facts - larryd - 30-07-2008

Can't 'ave scones wivaht crumbs . . . . . . . . . .

These scones are so special, not a crumb will be left....Yahoo

RE: Scone facts - Chris Maybury - 31-07-2008

I've got a big mouth and will cram them in whole (or should I say hole) without leaving any crumbs. Rolleyes

RE: Scone facts - cargo - 31-07-2008

And here's the photo to prove it.
No wonder you drink pints in twos

[Image: 1438410931_94b58d6290.jpg?v=0]

RE: Scone facts - Chris Maybury - 31-07-2008

Errrr, sadly not me but I wonder if that guy signs autographssmilie. Rolleyes

RE: Scone facts - The Bag - 03-08-2008

Scone fact no 4: All FFSPS ( Full Factory Scone Palace Scones) are prepared freshly in The Scone Palace. smilie

Scone fact no. 5: FFSPS have two release dates each MGP, the first is Saturday 16th usually coinciding with the opening of Scrutineering. The second has no official date at present as is usually announced during practice week. smilie

Scone fact no. 6: As a dedication to the outgoing C.O.C we did have regular delays to the release of the FFSPS on the second release date Yahoo

RE: Scone facts - 2 stroke nod - 05-08-2008

Russ - I was deepfully offended when Brian didn't have a scone to offer at Skerries...seriously deepfully offended and hurt!! So much so that I had to phone the better half to russle up something before I got back home!

RE: Scone facts - Gstarron - 06-08-2008

As both a newcomer and a Yank, I ask.....

"To scone or not to scone..... that is the question...."

9 days until first practice..!!

Cheers..!!

Ron - The Green Monster has arrived on the Island.... and she can be a nasty one.... heh...

RE: Scone facts - The Bag - 06-08-2008

NOD the FFSPS are ONLY available at The Manx Grand Prix, so you need to use that as an excuse to come over.
Russ

RE: Scone facts - andy21aa - 18-08-2008

Just came across this interesting fact

A spoonful of baking soda DOES speed you up, say scientists

Do the scones contain this performance enhancing chemical? and is it legal?

RE: Scone facts - boakesey - 18-08-2008

andy21aa Wrote:Do the scones contain this performance enhancing chemical? and is it legal?

Only if you use biCARB......
smilie

RE: Scone facts - Tomcat - 19-08-2008

As I recall the scones were never a production of the Ranger, but rather he was the recipient having been the victim of a windup that a certain lady had taken a fancy to him and was offering scones as a token of her affections. Said lady saw the joke, though the Ranger took a while longer having spent a nervous week smilie

RE: Scone facts - Gstarron - 19-08-2008

Well, I did get to SEE the scones today... as they were making their way up to the Scrutineering bays.... they looked tasty....

Cheers..!!

Ron

RE: Scone facts - Jeff Kirby - 19-08-2008

The scones were delicious and much appreciated by all. Thanks to all residents of the Scone Palace.

Jeff Kirby

RE: Scone facts - pete - 20-08-2008

ohh all this talks making me want to get the boat from belfast on sunday morning 4 the week Bonk Bonk