Official reason why iomtt.com closed the forum
twostrokemum Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Official reason why iomtt.com closed the forum
Just a thought but on iomtt.com it states the website has been given a refresh and this includes better integration of the iomttbreakes.com travel and accommodation managed by travel partner Regency Travel and you know how we all loved Regency on the old forum!
22-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Find Reply
Promor Offline

Threads: 1
I was underwhelmed by the results of their "major redesign"

22-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Website Find Reply
twostrokemum Offline
Just Getting Started

Hard to see what has changed. Oh the forum tab has gone, silly me.
22-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Find Reply
rutolander Offline
Three Star Member

Threads: 14
(22-11-2014, 09:57 PM)twostrokemum Wrote: Hard to see what has changed. Oh the forum tab has gone, silly me.

+1
23-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
(21-11-2014, 11:12 PM)Boltonswanderer Wrote: Is this a coincidence but why are DED putting out tenders to run the TT ??
Or am I missing something.

I am not sure but as I understand it any job/contact up for renewal has to or should I say supposed to be put up for tender , and for all I am not total sure I think what you will find is that the ACU events contract to run things is up for renewal , just a formality , for as the ACU are the governing body of motorsport in the UK and the main provider of insurance for motorsport , there is no one out there that can match the criteria required to compete with them , 

it would be very interesting to have the openness to be able to see how many dots and zeros there are in the number at the bottom of the bill payed to the ACU 
I would love to see the shock on some Manx faces if they ever found out 

because just think about it , they make the rules up as they go along which is fine as it is a unique event with no benchmark to go by , all they have to do is get on with it run it in house with the people they have on the Island and put the profits in the back pocket thank you very much , the one big stumbling block is finding an insurance body to provide the cover they would need in todays world   
23-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hi Eddy,

I think Larry Devlin could very well have some knowledgeable input to this topic.

Larry can you hear me smilie 

Malcolm.
23-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Website Find Reply
stubottle Offline

Threads: 2
Didn't the Manx Motorcycle Club used to make a good job of running the whole shebang, until the government pulled the rug? Orismy memory playing tricks? Dodgy
Huh
23-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Find Reply

I think your right Stu and I would bet they did not get the money ACU get
23-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Find Reply
Dougboy
Unregistered

(21-11-2014, 09:10 PM)spannerman Wrote: The reason,  DED have said to an official house of keys member today that it closed the forum due to, "offensive posts from anonymous person's"  that being their reason why? didn't they pull the plug on the individuals that caused them to throw their dummy out.

I find it hard to believe that anyone in the DED could make such a statement and expect it to be taken seriously.
26-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Paroni09 Offline

(26-11-2014, 04:55 PM)Dougboy Wrote:
(21-11-2014, 09:10 PM)spannerman Wrote: The reason,  DED have said to an official house of keys member today that it closed the forum due to, "offensive posts from anonymous person's"  that being their reason why? didn't they pull the plug on the individuals that caused them to throw their dummy out.

I find it hard to believe that anyone in the DED could make such a statement and expect it to be taken seriously.

That's ostrich politics, i believe
26-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Find Reply
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Well theyre in for a shock when they see what will get posted on faceache - very dificult to police, its all about money and pr men now, they would be better of letting bankers run it- they have higher morals
26-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
My understanding is it was the nature of the criticism of the organisers and the fact that some of it was getting a little personal. The words I was given were "I don't know of any other event which provides anonymous customers with a means of making anonymous personal criticisms of the personnel involved".

I did try to explain that the forum was a priceless source of customer feedback and they needed to man up a little otherwise they would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It will now go onto FB and twitter which have their own advantages and disadvantages over the forum approach. The newcomers seeking advice part of the forum was an excellent little subforum and in the main, the advice given was spot on. Shame it all had to go because someone needed some MTFU pills.
04-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
It's not like one or two of the characters from the DED were above getting fractious with members themselves....

I think they've failed to understand that taking an opposing point of view from the DED mantra does not constitute abuse.
Does this mean that the official reason given on the forum was perhaps not quite true?
04-12-2014, 02:48 PM
Website Find Reply

(04-12-2014, 02:39 PM)taxman Wrote: My understanding is it was the nature of the criticism of the organisers and the fact that some of it was getting a little personal. The words I was given were "I don't know of any other event which provides anonymous customers with a means of making anonymous personal criticisms of the personnel involved".

I did try to explain that the forum was a priceless source of customer feedback and they needed to man up a little otherwise they would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It will now go onto FB and twitter which have their own advantages and disadvantages over the forum approach. The newcomers seeking advice part of the forum was an excellent little subforum and in the main, the advice given was spot on. Shame it all had to go because someone needed some MTFU pills.

Well it's in safe hands on FB if you put up this link you get banned 

http://youtu.be/5umnqsOtw0E

04-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Find Reply
sinisterdexter Offline

I don't see why they'd be touchy about that. Surely on the island the outside of the road on the exit of a corner like that would be a prohibited area anyway.
Most unreasonable of them.
How's life??? Better than the alternative.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 09:04 AM by sinisterdexter.)
05-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
(04-12-2014, 09:55 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 02:39 PM)taxman Wrote: My understanding is it was the nature of the criticism of the organisers and the fact that some of it was getting a little personal. The words I was given were "I don't know of any other event which provides anonymous customers with a means of making anonymous personal criticisms of the personnel involved".

Well it's in safe hands on FB if you put up this link you get banned 

http://youtu.be/5umnqsOtw0E

That's a fine example of why we should not have car racing and pathetic Subaru laps on the TT course

05-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Find Reply
Max Power Offline

Quite honestly if you were a person looking to become involved with or visit the TT and you clicked the forum button to find the organisation being slagged off, you would begin to wonder why they allowed this to happen and it would taint your first impressions of the TT.
05-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(05-12-2014, 06:23 PM)Max Power Wrote: Quite honestly if you were a person looking to become involved with or visit the TT and you clicked the forum button to find the organisation being slagged off, you would begin to wonder why they allowed this to happen and it would taint your first impressions of the TT.

Yup, sometimes the truth hurts.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
05-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Find Reply
Dougboy
Unregistered

(22-11-2014, 09:15 PM)twostrokemum Wrote: Just a thought but on iomtt.com it states the website has been given a refresh and this includes better integration of the iomttbreakes.com travel and accommodation managed by travel partner Regency Travel and you know how we all loved Regency on the old forum!

'Follow the money' is a mantra that seldom veers a million miles from the truth in matters such as this. The prominence given to Regency Travel, and the Ticket Sales on the revamped website is probably what drove, at least in part, the closure of the forum.
And if I'm right, then I wouldn't be at all surprised if Regency's monopoly on accomodation bookings is extended to some areas of travel -  a move that would have no doubt been warmly welcomed by all on the forum. Maybe.
09-12-2014, 10:51 AM
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
Maxpower said: "Quite honestly if you were a person looking to become involved with or visit the TT and you clicked the forum button to find the organisation being slagged off, you would begin to wonder why they allowed this to happen and it would taint your first impressions of the TT. "

I'll add to that. Sponsors are customers of the DED. If I had a forum on my website calling my paying customers everything under the sun, I'd pull the plug without thinking. Like I've said before, commercially the forum became an own goal.
09-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Find Reply