Dunlop & Johnston in TT Zero
Mugen Offline

Threads: 4
Dunlop & Johnston in TT Zero
It's good to see that William Dunlop and Lee Johnston will be competing in this year's TT Zero http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/new...VIeZPlVikp
12-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Find Reply
Keith Offline

RE: Dunlop & Johnston in TT Zero
That bike is looking pretty smart!

I wonder how far they are from the electric bikes becoming a two lap race? I think if there was a second lap it would start to feel more like a 'proper' TT, especially now the speeds are up there. Probably still too small an entry and the speed would have to drop back down to increase the range, but they are now getting interesting.

It hasn't taken that long to go from a complete joke to 117mph laps. 120mph this year?
29-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Find Reply
Andy from Kazakhstan Offline

(29-05-2015, 07:42 AM)Keith Wrote: That bike is looking pretty smart!

I wonder how far they are from the electric bikes becoming a two lap race? I think if there was a second lap it would start to feel more like a 'proper' TT, especially now the speeds are up there. Probably still too small an entry and the speed would have to drop back down to increase the range, but they are now getting interesting.

It hasn't taken that long to go from a complete joke to 117mph laps. 120mph this year?

Go for it Keith, no posts for nearly 8 years then 2 in 3 days Icon_lol
29-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Find Reply
muz66 Offline

Threads: 0
It's the future.... . .sadly!
Get on with it or shut up about it!
03-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

All the riders ought to be on Mugens. It ain't even a race never mind the future. When the petrol runs out do you think anyone at all will be interested in racing - there won't be any. It'll be like Mad Max. All the privateers can afford four and a half million or what ever it was can't they. Formula 1 has less disparity. As you can gather TT Zero is not my cup of tea at all. I can see the merit in it though, although, only in the technical sense.  I have a degree in electronic engineering and I am very interested in the technology. It's just the "this is the future" rubbish that winds me up. To be fair though, the racing was brilliant when Rutter made McG cry like a baby. But thats the point, that year it was a competition, unfortunately if it was just between two teams. Everybody loved it because it David v Golliath. I do have the utmost respect for McG and I really do hope he does the business this year but the electric stuff should be a showcase like it was when it started, not a way to rack up uncontested wins to get to 26. Saying all that. I'd sooner have a week of TT Zero than watch some divvy riding round in a scooby. Jees, whats that all about.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 12:02 AM by Timmy594.)
03-06-2015, 11:36 PM
Find Reply
muz66 Offline

Threads: 0
I can't help but agree with the Scooby comment, Amen!
Get on with it or shut up about it!
06-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Find Reply