Marshaling at the TT
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Marshaling at the TT
The wife and I love marshalling at Guthrie's which we always go to at least twice in race week.We have marshalled at the Hairpin,Ballagarey and windy which were all good.
We have decided this year in between our two days at Guthrie's we are gong to pick some new posts to see more of the course, where would you all recommend and where is your favourite spots?

Cheers

Paul

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
05-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Marshaling at the TT
I've enjoyed everywhere I've marshalled but I really enjoyed Bungalow, Union Mills, Ballaugh Bridge and 32nd/Dukes - you also get a good view at Braddan Oak.

If you are over for practice sessions I've found them a good way of seeing different places without committing to a full day.

Regards

Raynetjr
05-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

We are over for an extra few days this year so hopefully get about the course a bit more.Would like to try Glen Helen or the conker trees but sure all the places will be good.

06-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Find Reply
GSXRonnie Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
We Marshall at cronky voddy cross roads most of the time. But have marshalled at top of Bray hill . glenvine .rencullen .quarry bends . brandish .but cronky is our fav place .only 142 days till the boat not we.re counting lol . have a good time.
Ron
06-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Find Reply
bill Offline

I move around the course every year and Glen Helen is one of my posts every year.  Try it is a great spot.  There are many different points that you could be assigned to, all very good viewing.  Another nice point is that are are several food trucks that set up in the parking lot now that the Glen has closed so there is food and drink available.

Several others that I can heartily recommend are Ginger Hall, Sulby Bridge and Hillberry.  There is no food ar drink available at the last two but if you have been working on the mountain that should not be a problem for you.
Bill
06-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Good info guys cheers for that. One thing you learn about Marshaling on the mountain if you want something to eat or drink you need to take it with you lol.

07-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

(06-01-2016, 10:11 PM)bill Wrote: I move around the course every year and Glen Helen is one of my posts every year.  Try it is a great spot.  There are many different points that you could be assigned to, all very good viewing.  Another nice point is that are are several food trucks that set up in the parking lot now that the Glen has closed so there is food and drink available.

Several others that I can heartily recommend are Ginger Hall, Sulby Bridge and Hillberry.  There is no food ar drink available at the last two but if you have been working on the mountain that should not be a problem for you.
Bill
Bill don't know when you last marshalled at Sulby Bridge but there are refreshaments and toilets available at Sulby Bridge in race weeks both at the TT and Manx. I need them to keep me going on flag duty there.
07-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

One of the best days we have ever had was when Marshaling at Guthrie's in 2014 it was on an emergency day due to the weather and incidents.We were sitting up there and the sprint was on at Ramsey and the view we got of the Red Arrows was just something else with us being up that bit higher just a wee bonus of being up there.

07-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Find Reply
bill Offline

(07-01-2016, 11:10 AM)Nev14 Wrote: Bill don't know when you last marshalled at Sulby Bridge but there are refreshaments and toilets available at Sulby Bridge in race weeks both at the TT and Manx. I need them to keep me going on flag duty there.

Hi Nev,
I usually marshal at the Manx/Classic, only went to the TT in '11 and I'm not sure if I worked at Sulby Bridge that year.  I last marshaled At Sulby Bridge last August, during practice week, there certainly were toilets available but I don't remember refreshments there.  Since I was at the bridge during practice week, it's possible that refreshments are there during race week.
Bill  
07-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Do any of you guys know if the Marshals will be getting priority boking for 2017 worked well for us last year.

11-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

(07-01-2016, 03:33 PM)bill Wrote: Hi Nev,
I usually marshal at the Manx/Classic, only went to the TT in '11 and I'm not sure if I worked at Sulby Bridge that year.  I last marshaled At Sulby Bridge last August, during practice week, there certainly were toilets available but I don't remember refreshments there.  Since I was at the bridge during practice week, it's possible that refreshments are there during race week.
Bill  

Hi Bill,
If you marshalled at the Manx/Classic for practice week last year we must have meet as I was on the flags at Sulby Bridge for the Full Fortnight, as again I will be this year all being well..
You are right the refreshments are available only for race week. They are done from a bungalow at the Bridge and you can get a nice home made soup there which is often welcome with the weather we sometimes have.
11-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Find Reply
bill Offline

Nev,
I Think it was Tuesday of practice week that I was at Sulby Bridge.  We must have talked and I think it will be easier for you to remember me than the reverse, as I was the only American working there that evening.  Every one was talking funny except for me.

I plan on working Sulby on Tuesday evening, Practice week, again this year.  I have had my air line reservations for a month now, I'm not counting days yet, but soon. 
Bill 
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 10:17 AM by Malcolm.)
12-01-2016, 12:58 AM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Bill,
I do remember speaking to an American during the fortnght, must have been you. Mind you I am usually the only Welshman at Sulby Bridge. Anyway I will be there all fortnight on the flags so will see you there.
12-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Find Reply