MGP live streaming.
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
MGP live streaming.
Hi all,

last year I had no difficulty in finding and watching live You tube streaming on my PC, but can't find it today, I have a facebook account but rarely try to use it, don't have much success, my fault I suppose. Today I reset my password, and then because FB said my account was " temporarily locked" and began to be "quizzed" with a load of photos of young people with East European names - who are these people, and why would they want to contact a geezer of 71?

Facebook then began to demand I upload forms of ID - utility bills driving licence etc. That's not on, thank you very much . I know about all the scandals recently, but I feel that the world has gone mad!!!

Anyway, can anyone help me find the MGP live streaming , please
regards
Dave
28-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
RE: MGP live streaming.
(28-08-2018, 01:12 PM)numptydad Wrote: Hi all,

last year I had no difficulty in finding and watching live You tube streaming on my PC, but can't find it today, I have a facebook account but rarely try to use it, don't have much success, my fault I suppose. Today I reset my password, and then because FB said my account was " temporarily locked" and began to be "quizzed" with a load of photos of young people with East European names - who are these people, and why would they want to contact a geezer of 71?

Facebook then began to demand I upload forms of ID - utility bills driving licence etc. That's not on, thank you very much . I know about all the scandals recently, but I feel that the world has gone mad!!!

Anyway, can anyone help me find the MGP live streaming , please
regards
Dave

You don't have any 12 year old grankids that can sort it for you?   Wink 

More to follow, do you have a cellphone that can do text?
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
28-08-2018, 04:19 PM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

(28-08-2018, 04:19 PM)RedlineRick Wrote: You don't have any 12 year old grankids that can sort it for you?   Wink 

More to follow, do you have a cellphone that can do text?

thanks for the "contribution", Rick, my grandson is only four, so no help there yet, he still thinks " my Dad knows lots of things, but my Grandad knows EVERYTHING"  such trust, to be disappointed in the fullness of time.

And no, his Dad is actually a deadbeat who we keep at arms length.
my cellphone does receive texts, but it's like me, not SMART
Looking forward to your next missive
regards
Dave
28-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
Welp, basically to reset your password you need a backup email to get a confirmation number or a phone number to text that confirmation number to. Now I haven't done this in awhile so with all this rubbish with Facebook & Twitter going on things maybe a little more strange now.

I just went to my Facebook Security and Login page and see that I just have the "How do you want to get the code to reset your password?" with the only option to send to my email address. Think for awhile it was bugging me for my phone number to verify my account, I said no and would advise to put up as little personal information on that site. Your choice.

Gud gawd, just looking now you can spend hours going through all the preferences with your account now.

I'd just make a new account with as little information that you feel need to share.

There has been many good live streams on Facebook & YouTube for the TT & ClassicTT/MGP.

There is a way to 'embed' the live stream in a webpage without going to Facebook as I watch a radio talk show via a Facebook stream without logging into Facebook.

Good luck!
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
29-08-2018, 01:17 AM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

thanks Rick,
yes it was all the rigmarole they wanted to put me through that sent me into the spiral of despair!

I'll try as you suggest , to open a new account.

atb
Dave
29-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Find Reply
milestone 11 Offline

Threads: 8
I've never had a facebook account and never will, however, I watched on Wednesday because the page is public. The stream though was hopeless, constantly buffering and frankly, not worth bothering with.
31-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Well Milestone, I hear what you say....however, speaking as someone who was doing the live commentary last week and up to Wednesday, this is cutting edge technology, and getting better all the time.
I have listened today from my office, and it has been fantastic.
The brains behind this project (Rory and Sarah), have worked tirelessly to keep everything up and running, and they should be congratulated.
31-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Well Milestone, I hear what you say....however, speaking as someone who was doing the live commentary last week and up to Wednesday, this is cutting edge technology, and getting better all the time.
I have listened today from my office, and it has been fantastic.
The brains behind this project (Rory and Sarah), have worked tirelessly to keep everything up and running, and they should be congratulated.
31-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Find Reply
veefour Online

Threads: 16
Quite agree with you Nick, I only realized it was being streamed on Wednesday & although like Milestone I don't do facebook my wife does, so I talked her into putting on her laptop. I thought considering it's in early days it was great, especially for those not able to actually be there, the coverage of the Senior today was fantastic & the shots of Greeba Bridge & Sarah's Cottage etc. brilliant. Well done to all concerned.
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
31-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
I've just been watching some of the videos on face book, you don't need to be a member. I'm not, they played fine by clicking the link above.

Whilst next year it would be great to watch once I'm home but I've got a plan that's new to me.... I am thinking of going for the full week, watching the classic tt from vantage points i enjoy and possibly signing on to marshal for the mgp races.

I've never marshalled before but I feel it's about time i put something back in. Obviously for a numbty like me there would be no fancy jobs of radios or flags but there's plenty of other jobs a simpleton of my ilk could do to help out.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2018, 07:03 PM by H2pots. Edit Reason: More added )
31-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Find Reply
Andy from Kazakhstan Offline

Threads: 4
(31-08-2018, 10:32 AM)milestone 11 Wrote: The stream though was hopeless, constantly buffering and frankly, not worth bothering with.

I watched it without any issues, I thought it was good.

Maybe your internet speed was the issue milestone 11?
31-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
It appears the link I clicked isn't actually on this thread.

Try this one...

https://m.facebook.com/ManxGrandPrixOfficialFanpage/

=======================================================================
See you on the island
31-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

H2Pots, you will be welcomed with open arms at the Marshals Office, at the rear of the Grandstand, adjacent to the Manx Grand Prix 
office.
I marshalled last year, and it was a rewarding experience.

Just as an addendum to the Live Streaming, the Manx Club are over the moon with the response. I can't give you the exact numbers of hits, but it is huge.

The Manx Grand Prix is enjoying something of a renaissance this year. Much as I love the Classic TT, to be honest, some of the racing was not close, or closely contested.
On the other hand, all barring one of the Manx races saw the lead changing many times, culminating in a 5 second win today for Matt Stephenson, and 5 seconds was the largest margin on that last lap.
I had no idea who was going to win each race, and I don't care that much about superstars, i would rather have close racing.
Finally, I really appreciate the effort everyone is putting in, and who know, from this grass root racing, a new star may appear.
The TT could do with some new raw talent, the Manx has proved to be the perfect training ground for almost 100 years.
31-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
I loved the live streaming. There were a few of us Australians watching on our IPads from our warm beds (not all together though) and we really appreciated being able to watch the Manx action on the start line and during the races and finally the interviews in the winners enclosure.
Well done Nick and Co. Thank you for the superb coverage.🇦🇺
08-09-2018, 12:30 PM
Find Reply