Radio TT returning with new look for TT 2022
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: ManxRadioPromoFeb18.jpg]

Anchored by Steve Day

Radio TT will return this year with full live coverage of every qualifying session and race throughout the road racing fortnight.

But the service is coming back with a new look and feel.

It will be anchored by Steve Day who will be joined in the control tower by chief analyst Chris Boyde.

The radio team will have near-complete, and continuous, oversight of the whole TT course for the first time due to the introduction of live stream visual coverage.

They'll be watching the 20 live action cameras, and footage from two helicopters, as well as split-second data via live timing and rider tracking.

Reporting from the pit lane will be Manx Radio's Chris Kinley and Beth Espey.

Off-track coverage for Radio TT will see daily reports from the paddock, parc ferme and pit lane.

Radio TT will remain a free service and requires no subscription - Chris Sully is the managing director of Manx Radio:

[Image: ListenHere.jpg]

[Image: manxradiomain2.jpg]

18-02-2022, 01:05 PM
Website Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Radio TT returning with new look for TT 2022
That sounds great. Now if they could just sort the bloody signal out
18-02-2022, 05:01 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Great, modern technology eh..... I'll miss the Ramsey hairpin commentary though, I always enjoyed the sounds of the bikes coming through over the radio.

Just like i missed the passing of the Glen Helen commentary

=======================================================================
See you on the island
29-05-2022, 09:38 PM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
After racing day 1, I feel the production is in some ways more modern and professional, but has lost a lot of the sense of transporting you to the island. Without the relay between the different commentary points, it's just like any other short-circuit commentary. You could be listening to Radio Brands Hatch. They ought to bring back something to take you around the island, like some reports/comments from other locations, even if it's not the full "over to Roy Moore at Ramsay Hairpin."

Also if someone could occasionally remind me to keep my pets and livestock secured when the roads are closed, that would be much appreciated.
04-06-2022, 04:39 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
For me, the first race days commentary was a bit patchy with Steve Day not realising the difference between leading and leading on the road. But the overall coverage was still way better than I've heard in years

Day 2 coverage improved and was even better

Certainly, Roy Moore from certainly Ramsay was great when there was certainly air time to be filled with his anecdotes, but certainly his race commentary was certainly not very good in recent years (to be honest, I think he realised that and gracefully retired and I wish him a long and happy retirement)

The lack of adverts during the entire race was also very welcome (although now I'll never know where the riders shop 😀)

New look radio TT has, in my opinion, taken a massive step forward, but those involved should be looking at continuous improvement
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2022, 09:07 PM by Nasher.)
08-06-2022, 08:52 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
I still miss the commentary points around the course and Roy Moore.
09-06-2022, 05:39 AM
Find Reply