MGP Riders "Critical" after Seniors Incidents
Anonymous
Unregistered

MGP Riders "Critical" after Seniors Incidents
Two of the competitors who crashed in the Senior are still in a critical condition. They have been names as Robin Frampton, who crashed at Cronk ny Mona, and Ted Bidgood, whose accident was at Brandywell.

Another competitor who crashed on Saturday, Liam Macaleer, had an accident at Greeba, and he has sustained spinal injuries, but these are not believed to be serious, he is described as comfortable.

All of us at TTwebsite wish you all a speedy recovery.
02-09-2002, 11:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MGP Riders "Critical" after Seniors Incidents
Thankfully it's just been announced on Manx Radio that both riders have been reomved from the critical list.

02-09-2002, 01:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any word how the guys still in hospital are?
05-09-2002, 05:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

one has been transfered to uk but in todays papers they report no other information is available so i would guess same as was said on Monday which was poorly and stable
05-09-2002, 07:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

All our thoughts must be with them. I saw the story on iomonline about the rider crashing through gardens. Having just read John McComisky's recollections of his debut, and his joy in competeing, even thought he didn't finish,to read that was chilling.
It is so easy for things to go so very badly wrong. Its all a fraction of a seconds work.
05-09-2002, 10:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where did you read about John McComisky's debut Helen? I know he was writing one but I havent found it yet.
15-09-2002, 07:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Colin. He wrote a pre race article for a scottish motor mag, and is doing a race one for them for this week. He is also supposed to be putting something on RRR I think...I'll check with him.
If you want a copy of his Scottish Biker stories, Ill post them to you if you mail me your address.
Have a look at the manx newcomers site too...there's a profile there.
16-09-2002, 09:28 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Helen, I just read it on RRR.

Colin
16-09-2002, 06:43 PM