OMG - KYLE RYDE JOINS UP FOR 2021 BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
OMG - KYLE RYDE JOINS UP FOR 2021 BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP
[Image: KyleRidetoOMG.jpg]

RICH Energy OMG Racing are delighted to welcome Kyle Ryde to the team for the 2021 Bennetts British Superbike Championship, joining the team after a successful 2020 season as the top points-scorer from the factory Suzuki team.

Ryde (23), will ride one of the team’s new BMW M1000RR’s and look to build on his 2020 successes which saw him claim his maiden win in British Superbikes at Silverstone. He signs for the Midlands-based team on a two-year deal.

The youngest-ever British 125cc Champion, Kyle brings a wealth of experience including British championships in both Superstock 600 (2014) and GP2 (2019), as well as three seasons in the World Superbike paddock.

Talks continue with several riders for the team’s second Superbike seat, as RICH Energy OMG Racing aim to build on a 2020 season which saw the team finish at the top BMW team in the Championship.

Kyle Ryde - #77, – RICH Energy OMG Racing

“I’m really looking forward to this new challenge, signing a two-year deal with the RICH Energy OMG Racing team to ride the new BMW M1000RR.

I had a meeting with Paul and Alan, who talked me through the vision for the team over the next couple of years and it’s an exciting project.

First I have to say a massive thank you to Suzuki and to Hawk Racing for the opportunity to ride in British Superbikes, we had some fantastic results and I will always be grateful to Steve and the team for everything they have done for me.

2020 was an incredibly competitive season and to get two wins for me and for them was a massive moment in my career.

Moving into 2021/22, I’m really excited about riding the new BMW.

The M1000RR is a great prospect and I’ll be aiming to get as many laps in on one as soon as possible, the preparations have already started for next season and once I feel at one with my new bike and team, I believe we’ll be up at the front.

Thanks to all my family, friends and personal sponsors – I can’t wait to get started and hopefully we’ll enjoy plenty of success over the next two years, in front of the fans!”

Paul Curran, Team Principal – RICH Energy OMG Racing

“I’m delighted to welcome Kyle to the team for the 2021 season, he’s one of the Championship’s top young talents and we’re looking forward to see him settle in on the M1000RR.

He impressed a lot of people on the Suzuki last season, obviously a double win at Silverstone stands out but throughout the season he has been consistently on the pace.

He’s a great lad with a sensible head on his shoulders who just wants to get out there and ride his bike, his attitude and hunger to win is exactly what we wanted to take the team forward.

We’re already hard at work in the workshop preparing for next season, and we look forward to announcing his teammate in due course.”

Alan Gardner, Team Owner – RICH Energy OMG Racing

“We’re very excited to announce that Kyle Ryde will join us for the 2021 season, I think it speaks volumes about our setup that we’ve been able to attract a rider of his calibre.

After a tough 2020 for the BMW, we’re very excited to work with the new M1000RR and our target is to be well in contention for podiums and race wins. We’ve come so far as a team in just a short time in the series, we’re building a very exciting line-up for next season, with two riders joining the team to ride our new machinery, as well as a busy roads season and preparations for the 2022 Dakar.

[Image: OMGLogo.jpg]

11-11-2020, 02:14 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
OMG - KYLE RYDE JOINS UP FOR 2021 BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP - by Malcolm - 11-11-2020, 02:14 PM