Post classic 4 stroke eligibility
scruffy Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Post classic 4 stroke eligibility
"Other than that I believe ex tt riders can enter the Lightwieght, which again I think is a good idea.....Lightweight entries have been dwindling and if we want to keep 2-strokes at the manx (which i most certainly do) then somebody will have to race them......People talk about riders like Lougher and Palmer doing it but as far as I know neither will be eligilbe unless they stop riding at the tt (and presumably now the Billown TT 125 and 250 races as they are an official TT) for a number of years. Surely letting people come back on a 250 will just allow some of the better riders who graduated to the Lighweight TT only to find it dissapeared to come back and race.... surely a good thing..."

"The Club has also relaxed the eligibility rules, which will now allow TT riders and previous winners of all other MGP and Classic Races to participate in the 250cc Lightweight Race. Previous race winners from the Newcomers, Classic, Lightweight and Ultra Lightweight classes will now be eligible for all classes, although Junior and Senior winners remain ineligible."

As i read the changes any current TT rider is eligible to ride in the Lightweight race (there is no mention of the exclusion of riders who have competed at world championship level as previously either) Which would mean that the riders mentioned are eligible?
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2009, 11:59 AM by scruffy.)
04-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Post classic 4 stroke eligibility - by Will Loder - 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM
RE: Post classic 4 stroke eligibility - by chris - 03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
RE: Post classic 4 stroke eligibility - by Tomcat - 04-02-2009, 11:07 AM
RE: Post classic 4 stroke eligibility - by scruffy - 04-02-2009, 11:56 AM
RE: Post classic 4 stroke eligibility - by Tomcat - 05-02-2009, 08:32 PM