Classic TT race numbers
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
Classic TT race numbers
Hi has anybody had any race numbers through yet, was told that we would have them this week?
08-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Find Reply
Trident Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Classic TT race numbers
Nothing yet.
09-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Find Reply
JimmyC Offline
Just Getting Started

Not used a forum before but registered as I am getting nowhere finding out info on the MGP Classic.

We have friends wnating to come over to watch us but will not book until I get my numbers..............not had them yet so we can see difficulties in getting somewhere for them to stay.

This is getting silly isntit..............

Jimmy
19-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Find Reply
JimmyC Offline
Just Getting Started

Oh well seems this forum shows as much apathy for this as the organisers. Chimmay for me or maybe a late entry at the PreTT or an early entry for next years PreTT.

This situation is a shocker. MGP Classic support from the privateer side of things gets a clear answer from the IOM and it seems from the web.

I will enjoy the Bob Mac at least there is interest there.

My first go at forums.not impressed, back to good old pen and paper.

Jimmy
20-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Find Reply
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
Jimmy.

Hi mate . To be fair in your first post you never actually asked a question just gave us your opionion of the situation. Which I would imagine most people would agree with. But many come on these forums and just read the posts and give no imput so maybe thats the reason you had no response. From what little information I know is available the race numbers are due out soon .
By race numbers do you mean confirmation of entry ?  If the rider has confirmation he is in he then must pay his entry fee ASAP if all is OK then let your friends book somewhere to stay, most B & B,s and hotels have a cancelation agrement with no cost as long as its done in good time before the event.

Keith
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
20-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Website Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
(20-05-2015, 09:11 AM)JimmyC Wrote: Oh well seems this forum shows as much apathy for this as the organisers. Chimmay for me or maybe a late entry at the PreTT or an early entry for next years PreTT.

This situation is a shocker. MGP Classic support from the privateer side of things gets a clear answer from the IOM and it seems from the web.

I will enjoy the Bob Mac at least there is interest there.

My first go at forums.not impressed, back to good old pen and paper.

Jimmy

You got no information from this forum because there isn't any, we are all in the same boat waiting, you could try the organisers but you might not get an answer one way or the other.
20-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
I don't think anyone will know until the TT is out of the way. The Classic TT is run by the same team that run the TT, and they're rather busy just now. The Manx Grand Prix is run by the Manx Motor Cycle Club, and is a different event to the Classic TT, although run concurrently.
However, I DO sympathise with Jimmy C. Folk need to book their sailings, organise machinery, accommodation, raise funds.
It ain't easy.
20-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Find Reply
JimmyC Offline
Just Getting Started

(20-05-2015, 11:49 AM)Splashdown Wrote: I don't think anyone will know until the TT is out of the way. The Classic TT is run by the same team that run the TT, and they're rather busy just now. The Manx Grand Prix is run by the Manx Motor Cycle Club, and is a different event to the Classic TT, although run concurrently.
However, I DO sympathise with Jimmy C. Folk need to book their sailings, organise machinery, accommodation, raise funds.
It ain't easy.

Thank you for that Splashdown.

I tried the organisers, nearly there given twice. Next day or two given twice.

How can they expect riders to spend thousands getting bikes ready, try to book ferry and accommodation without letting them know if they have an entry or not. The administrators of this fiasco should be sacked and the people running the modern MGP put in their place. A young lad I know entered the moderns, got a confirmed entry and knows whats happening. He started his entry a month after I did mine.

I give up and perhaps that's what the MGP Classic administrators want really.

It was the last day today to confirm lodgings and I am still under consideration, so that's it they can keep the MGP Classic for me.

Jimmy
20-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Find Reply
JimmyC Offline
Just Getting Started

Officially cancelled it now. Lodgings and ferry both phoned up this morning. sorted.

Lost my deposit on lodgings but at least thats cheaper than paying full amount and losing the lot.

I will buy a modern and enter MGP next year.

What is the opinion of the forum as to the sorry state of affairs with the MGP Classic entries then. I know what splashdown says with the onset of the TT but there was plenty of time before the TT or is that the plant to get the TT up and running and approach as many of the TT riders as possible to fill up the MGP Classic places.

Jimmy

In the recent past, there has been a need to delete/moderate posts that have contained, (what was construed to be), defamatory comments against Race Organisations and officials. 

Posting of such comments are contrary to the Terms & Conditions of the Forums (please read them).

I certainly have no objection to "stimulating" discourse, as this is one of the aims of the Forum.

However, I do object to anyone who uses the Forum to air grievances in a manner that could be construed as  defamatory, harassing or unlawful, relating to individuals, organisations or any group of people.

Refer to the T&C's for guidance on this point.

Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2015, 11:33 AM by Malcolm.)
21-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
(21-05-2015, 10:53 AM)JimmyC Wrote: Officially cancelled it now. Lodgings and ferry both phoned up this morning. sorted.

Lost my deposit on lodgings but at least thats cheaper than paying full amount and losing the lot.

What is the opinion of the forum as to the sorry state of affairs with the MGP Classic entries then. I know what splashdown says with the onset of the TT but there was plenty of time before the TT or is that the plant to get the TT up and running and approach as many of the TT riders as possible to fill up the MGP Classic places.

Jimmy

The classic races are not organized by the mgp people.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2015, 11:35 AM by Malcolm.)
21-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Find Reply
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
(21-05-2015, 10:53 AM)JimmyC Wrote: Officially cancelled it now. Lodgings and ferry both phoned up this morning. sorted.

Jimmy

Jimmy

With the upsurge in popularity of the Manx Grand Prix there is no assurance that a modern bike will get you a ride either. The last few years have seen newcomers numbers double to what was entered a few years ago  I think its around 70 plus this year. if a lot of these riders want to return there is not enough spaces on grids to accomadate them which is a real shame.
Personally I have my newcomers ride but the second race on Wendnesday in the lightweight has been turned down as the race is oversubscribed. So I will be just watching and enjoying instead.
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
21-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Website Find Reply
JimmyC Offline
Just Getting Started

(21-05-2015, 11:14 AM)cregnybaa Wrote:

Jimmy

The classic races are not organized by the mgp people.
I never said it was Mr Creggnybaa. If it was it would be done correctly and in a timely fashion.
21-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Find Reply
JimmyC Offline
Just Getting Started

Jimmy

In the recent past, there has been a need to delete/moderate posts that have contained, (what was construed to be), defamatory comments against Race Organisations and officials. 

Posting of such comments are contrary to the Terms & Conditions of the Forums (please read them).

I certainly have no objection to "stimulating" discourse, as this is one of the aims of the Forum.

However, I do object to anyone who uses the Forum to air grievances in a manner that could be construed as  defamatory, harassing or unlawful, relating to individuals, organisations or any group of people.

Refer to the T&C's for guidance on this point.

Malcolm.

I apologise Malcolm, did say I was new to this.

Jimmy

No problem Jimmy.

I just don't want the thread to develop into a situation whereby I start to receive emails on the possible content being taken by someone as being defamatory etc.

Air your grievances by all means, just be careful how you do it as there are a lot of people out there whos' first course of action is of a legal nature.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2015, 12:00 PM by Malcolm.)
21-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Find Reply
Trident Offline

As I understand it the delay this year was due to the organisers attempting to get permission to allow more starters due to the huge amount of entries. All classes were oversubscribed again and if the delay means that someone may get an entry rather than be declined then I'm ok with that.
22-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Find Reply
JimmyC Offline
Just Getting Started

(22-05-2015, 02:20 PM)Trident Wrote: As I understand it the delay this year was due to the organisers attempting to get permission to allow more starters due to the huge amount of entries. All classes were oversubscribed again and if the delay means that someone may get an entry rather than be declined then I'm ok with that.

Shame this wasnt made clear

Jimmy
22-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Find Reply
Allan Brew Offline

Threads: 1
Check your entry, the online system is being updated.
22-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Find Reply
Trident Offline

Entry lists now confirmed!

Email from the organisers.......

Quote:We previously advised you that we would confirm all entries for the 2015 Classic TT Races by the end of April. Unfortunately, we failed to meet this deadline and offer our apologies. This was due to receiving and exceptionally large entry and subsequent unsuccessful efforts to identify ways of accepting additional riders into the event over and above the 90 per race stipulated in the regulations.
22-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Find Reply
Allan Brew Offline

(22-05-2015, 07:54 PM)Trident Wrote: Entry lists now confirmed!

Email from the organisers.......

Quote:We previously advised you that we would confirm all entries for the 2015 Classic TT Races by the end of April. Unfortunately, we failed to meet this deadline and offer our apologies. This was due to receiving and exceptionally large entry and subsequent unsuccessful efforts to identify ways of accepting additional riders into the event over and above the 90 per race stipulated in the regulations.  

One strange fact however is that there are less starters per classic race this year, only 80 compared with 90 last year ??
22-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
Trident Offline

(22-05-2015, 08:31 PM)Allan Brew Wrote: One strange fact however is that there are less starters per classic race this year, only 80 compared with 90 last year ??

Yes I noticed that but I wonder if it was a mis-print? Todays email definitely says 90 and I don't see why they would cut numbers when there's so much interest.
22-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Find Reply
Allan Brew Offline

(22-05-2015, 09:17 PM)Trident Wrote:
(22-05-2015, 08:31 PM)Allan Brew Wrote: One strange fact however is that there are less starters per classic race this year, only 80 compared with 90 last year ??

Yes I noticed that but I wonder if it was a mis-print? Todays email definitely says 90 and I don't see why they would cut numbers when there's so much interest.

Exactly my sentiments but it is 80 starters with 10 reserves if you check the regs.
22-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Find Reply