Just like old days
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Just like old days
Well the classic TT is nearly here and I must say I for one are looking foreword to it ,it's got everything singles, twins, three's and four cylinder machines two stroke and four stroke bikes and the majority are over the counter racing bikes and all on the famous TT course just like it use to be!
14-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Find Reply
Mick 65 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Just like old days
Well said sir, just booked this week, we was not going to go , but lives to short to miss thses events.Cleaning my Bonneville as we speak, Guzzi in the back of the shed really needs a spin round.
14-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
And get a few of your mates to go with you! It's a brilliant event, just that bit better than the TT in my opinion, cos (apart from sidecars), there's a bit of everything!
14-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Find Reply
canamant Offline

Threads: 1
Don' forget the Manx Grand Prix of course, Newcomers, Lightweight, Supertwin, Junior and Senior.
18-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
Personally I don't approve of the new format of the MGP, in my opinion they have ripped the heart out of "The Amateur TT" which launched the careers of dozens of road racing legends.

Nowadays I have no idea of who are the up and coming new talent in the MGP but I know exactly what the TT stars are riding, it has lost its way.

In my view I think they should return the MGP to what it was and have a separate Classic Weekend.
18-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Find Reply
canamant Offline

Or let the TT lads have their classic race in June and leave the August Classics to the true amateurs.  Now there's a thought.
19-08-2015, 12:06 AM
Find Reply
runningbear Offline

Threads: 0
(14-08-2015, 08:38 AM)Revvin rich Wrote: Well the classic TT is nearly here and I must say I for one are looking foreword to it ,it's got everything singles, twins, three's and four cylinder machines two stroke and four stroke bikes and the majority are over the counter racing bikes and all on the famous TT course just like it use to be!

me and 2 mates almost ready for the off .taking a gs 1000 a ,xs 650 and my xjr 1300.off on mon to get the creaky leaky.looking forward to all events.and meeting mates we only see once or twice a year.this will be my 35 th year on a bike and just as excited as then.
19-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
(18-08-2015, 11:10 PM)DBD 34 Wrote: Personally I don't approve of the new format of the MGP, in my opinion they have ripped the heart out of "The Amateur TT" which launched the careers of dozens of road racing legends.

Nowadays I have no idea of who are the up and coming new talent in the MGP but I know exactly what the TT stars are riding, it has lost its way.

In my view I think they should return the MGP to what it was and have a separate Classic Weekend.

agreed, absolutely agree, I feel uneasy that all these top TT riders are at what was, as  you say, started as the Amateur TT.   I still  feel that IOMGov want to end the MGP.
23-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
having said that, I'll still listen here at home, Staffs, addicted to four stroke sounds
23-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
I agree with the above comments. I have never been keen on current TT riders taking part in the Manx. The atmosphere is just not the same for me but as I can't be there this year I look forward to tuning into Manx Radio and hope there is live timing. Good luck to everyone.
24-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
I love all racing events on the Isle of Man it's a magical place for me, and the current format of the classic TT/Manx GP is fantastic but the atmosphere has changed since the classic TT format. I hope the MGP still keeps going as it would be a travesty if this was axed. I can't attend this year due to work commitments but will make use of the Manx radio app.
25-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Find Reply
b5070 Offline

(18-08-2015, 11:10 PM)DBD 34 Wrote: Personally I don't approve of the new format of the MGP, in my opinion they have ripped the heart out of "The Amateur TT" which launched the careers of dozens of road racing legends.

You have some valid points, however - I really think the new format is definitely bringing a lot more folks to the Island. Sorry, but the almighty quid is ruling the event. I lived on the Island for a good few years, and raced the Manx back in 88 (I was living in Carmel California then!!) and of course, was very much involved in racing. The amazing speeds at the TT used to be enthralling, but - the Manx was something everyone could strive for, as a young racer. It was also so much nicer being able to actually drive/ride around during the Manx, without fear of getting wiped out by 'Furrin' folks forgetting which side of the road to ride on!! But, we've moved on, and I'm actually now at peace with the new 'show' --- although I still think there should be separate prizes for Non Works/Sponsored riders. I listen to the commentary on my computer, and heard most of the TT this year - and will be listening to all I can for the Classic. Some incredible machinery over this year, and of course I'm sad I cannot be there. It's really the Greatest Vintage Show on Earth today, and I hope it continues to grow.
28-08-2015, 01:07 AM
Find Reply
stubottle Offline

Threads: 2
Glad I'm not there. Been painting my shed in the sunshine all week. Watching the paint dry and listening to Radio 2. Bliss!
Huh
28-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Find Reply