2012 TT info please
oldsportsbiker Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
2012 TT info please
Hi, my wife and myself (in New Zealand) have the 2012 TT on our "bucket list" and just looking up the dates to sort out a few other details, BUT, looks like the finances will only stretch to one week of the TT (the second one presumably) and it's doubtful that we will have transport on the Island. I know that we will have to catch the ferry in Liverpool (last time there was 1965, I expect they've got a new boat by now) but wondered if anybody could give us advice on what area to stay / watch (bearing in mind that we probably won't have tranport so will have to walk although we're both reasonably fit "for now") Also any suggestions on accommodation that could be close to interesting "watching" areas that won't break the limited bank. I realise this is a long way out, but it's a "once in a lifetime" event for us
Any info would be appreciated, thanks
16-10-2010, 05:01 AM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
RE: 2012 TT info please
http://www.gov.im/tourism/motorsport/bike/futurett.xml

So-called "fastcraft" ferry you from Liverpool, but it is worth looking early at air-fares (Manx2.com, Easy Jet and Flybe).

I recommend Homestay in the Douglas/Braddan area. Lots of interesting spectating within walking distance and if you book your Homestay early you should have a good choice of reasonably priced accommodation.
http://www.visitisleofman.com/homestay/

Public transport links and timings are pretty good (but not as good as when the steam railway ran close to the TT Course all the way to Peel and Ramsey) and could get you out to spectate anywhere quite easily.
16-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Find Reply
oldsportsbiker Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Thanks John, much appreciated, at least I'll be able to get an idea of how things run by watching the run up to the 2011 event
Cheers

John
20-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Hope you can find time to get to our TT photo exhibition at the Laxey Woollen Mills. We are only a couple of minutes stroll from the tram station.
Can I thank all who contributed to the green bucket; we raised over £1,500 from our exhibitions this year. Thanks to John Wood at the Mills for the loan of the Gallery, se you all there next year.
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
20-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Website Find Reply