Statement issued by the Medical Director & Chief Medical Officer for TT 2010
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Statement issued by the Medical Director & Chief Medical Officer for TT 2010
STATEMENT

Medical services for TT 2010 were organised and run jointly by Chief Medical Officer Dr Heike Romer and Medical Director, Dr David B Stevens MBE.

Neither doctor will be involved with medical services for TT 2011, but will continue their association with the 2011 Manx Grand Prix.

Any queries regarding the medical services arrangements for TT 2011 should be made to the Secretary of the Meeting, Michelle Haynes, at ACU House, Rugby.

Contact Details: michelle@acu.org.uk Telephone 01788 566405

Dr. David B. Stevens MBE, Medical Director,

Motorsport Medical Services,
The Hoggery,
Nobles Park,
Douglas,
Isle of Man, British Isles,
IM2 4BD
Telephone and FAX : [+44] 01624 628999
Mobile : [+44] 07624 493 403

E-mail: DBS@MMS.org.im

Medical Director for the Manx Grand Prix Motorcycle Races
Chief Medical Officer for the Southern 100 Motorcycle Races.
Medical Advisor to the ACU [Auto-Cycle Union] and Medical Panel Co-Chairman.
British Medical Delegate to the FIM [Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme] International Medical Panel.
Secretary and Director of the Rob Vine Fund, Registered Charity No 954 [ Isle of Man ].
Secretary and Coordinator for the Hogg Motorsport Association
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Statement issued by the Medical Director & Chief Medical Officer for TT 2010
[Image: manxradiomain.gif]

The Department of Economic Development has stepped in to try and resolve the row over the provision of medical chiefs at next year's TT.

A statement from the department says it's looking to set up a meeting between ACU Events Ltd and Motorsport Medical Services.

TT medical director Dr David Stevens has told Manx Radio the matter stems from an email sent by ACU chairman Jim Parker to chief medical officer Dr Heike Romer in October, effectively saying they couldn't afford to employ her next year.

Dr Stevens said he was then offered the position of CMO, because he would be available for free as he is Isle of Man-based.

He turned it down (first part of audio file):

Dr Stevens wonders what will happen now (second part of audio file):

Listen to the audio file via this link.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Website Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Statement issued by the Medical Director & Chief Medical Officer for TT 2010
(16-12-2010, 04:38 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
[Image: manxradiomain.gif]

The Department of Economic Development has stepped in to try and resolve the row over the provision of medical chiefs at next year's TT.

A statement from the department says it's looking to set up a meeting between ACU Events Ltd and Motorsport Medical Services.

TT medical director Dr David Stevens has told Manx Radio the matter stems from an email sent by ACU chairman Jim Parker to chief medical officer Dr Heike Romer in October, effectively saying they couldn't afford to employ her next year.

Dr Stevens said he was then offered the position of CMO, because he would be available for free as he is Isle of Man-based.

He turned it down (first part of audio file):

Dr Stevens wonders what will happen now (second part of audio file):

Listen to the audio file via this link.

I rather think that if Mr Parker transported many fewer "blazers" to the TT, and fed them (and himself) a lot fewer lunches and dinners, they could quite easily afford to continue Dr Romer's involvement.

I ask you - which is more important - lunches and dinners, or the continuation of the superb service provided by Motorsport Medical Services?
16-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Find Reply
Kev from RRS.Com Offline

Threads: 19
Quote:DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STATEMENT REGARDING THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL SERVICES FOR THE ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
The Department of Economic Development’s Motorsport Team has invited Motorsport Medical Services and ACU Events Ltd to a meeting to review the provision of medical services for the 2011 TT Races. The meeting will be held on the Isle of Man and will be scheduled at the earliest opportunity.

The provision of medical services is the contractual responsibility of ACU Events Ltd as race organiser but the Department has now instigated this meeting because it believes that it is important that the opinions of all relevant parties are represented.

As promoters of the TT Races, the Isle of Man Government wishes to reiterate that it recognises that the provision of medical services is vital to the running of the event, and that it will not support any compromise to rider, official or spectator safety. The Department of Economic Development can further confirm that no cuts have been made to the budget for the provision of medical services.

Geoff Corkish, MBE, MHK, Political Member, Isle of Man Tourism, commented:

“We are very disappointed that there is a dispute between the two valued partners and we will now step in to mediate and resolve the situation with this vital area of the TT races. All parties should be focused only on achieving the best long-term solution for the event and we request that individuals put aside their own personal agendas and issues to achieve this.”
Those that do don't, and those that don't, do
http://www.roadracingsupporters.com
17-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Every year, we seem to have a shortage of marshalls and now we may be short of major medical back up in 2011.

These are priorities without exception.

The budget must allocate cash to these areas.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2010, 10:47 PM by ian huntly.)
17-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Website Find Reply