Hutchinson revving up for Festival
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchinson revving up for Festival
[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]

Multi-international road race winner Ian Hutchinson is ‘on the road to recovery’
and already looking forward to the Adelaide Motorcycle Festival in Belfast next month.

[Image: hutchybelfast1.jpg]
Miss Northern Ireland Lori Moore helps launch the Adelaide Motorcycle Festival in Belfast
with top riders Ian Hutchinson, Martin Barr and Alistair Seeley with Sam Geddis of Adelaide and show promoter, Billy Nutt.

Prior to breaking a leg during the penultimate round of the British Supersport Championship at Silverstone back in September, Hutchinson had won ten international road races during his 2010 campaign for Padgetts Honda.

He landed a Supersport race at the North West 200, all five solo TT races in a memorable week back in June, a hat-trick of wins at the Ulster Grand Prix, and the Scarborough Gold Cup.

Speaking at the launch of the festival, set to run in the King’s Hall from February 11-13, Hutchinson said: “It had been a tremendous season for me right up until I had my accident at Silverstone.

“In the last three months I have been through numerous operations and have had several skin grafts, but I am on the road to recovery and working away determined to be on the grid at Easter for the start of the new season.

“It will be great to be at the festival here in Belfast, an opportunity to meet the fans, as sometimes we are just too busy at race meetings to have the time to talk to them.”

This will be the fifth year that the Nutt Promotions Adelaide Motorcycle Festival has been at the King’s Hall and as 11-times TT winner Philip McCallen, representing the local dealers said: “This is a great opportunity for people to see stars from the world of motorcycling and all the latest models from the majority of motorcycle manufacturers and dealers under one roof, a real showcase for the local motorcycle scene.”

Double North West 200 winner Alastair Seeley, who is dropping down from the British Superbike class for a crack at the British Supersport championship on the all-new 600cc Suzuki for the Relentless by TAS team, was also at the launch.

So too was motocross star Martin Barr, who won the 2010 Red Bull Pro National MX2 series and finished third in the British MX2 Championship.

Show promoter Billy Nutt stated that, “Despite the present economic climate we are pleased with the response from the manufacturers and dealers with the Adelaide Motorcycle Festival an event not to be missed.”

The festival will open from 2pm to 10pm on Friday February 11 and continues on the Saturday and Sunday from 10am through to 5pm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
09-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Website Find Reply