Mirko Kalsek photo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mirko Kalsek photo
The photo of Mirko Kalsek, who had an excellent and mostly unnoticed TT, is of him following Robert J Price on his Senior SP1 honda, as Mirko did not start in the senior TT and it is of his proddy bike, note the plate colours, was the photo actually taken on friday?
16-06-2002, 10:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Mirko Kalsek photo
I had the pleasure of meeting Mirko several times during this year's TT. He is an excellent rider (improving his fastest lap from 111mph to 117mph this year) and a great character as well. I'm not sure how well-known the TT is in Slovenia, but we can be assured that Mirko will be spreading the word !
16-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its Robert A Price. Robert J Price rode a Suzuki in the blue and white colurs of Frasers of Gloucester.
17-06-2002, 08:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mirko Kalsek certainly wasn't unnoticed by me!
As I had the pleasure of meeting this delightful person at his first TT in 1999.
He drives his van all the way from Solvenia
to take part in the TT races, he loves it here
and he tells me he'll be back next year!
He rode extremely well in his first year and
continues to go quicker each visit, he'd never seen the circuit before he came to take part!
He is former 600 National champion back in his
country.
I certainly think he is one to watch out for!
Next year will be his fourth visit.
He finished 21st in F1 and 22nd in 600 Proddy,
picking up more replicas to his collection!

17-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mirko's performance's are very impressive, he should finish in the top 15 by next year.
Another Continental to watch out for is the French rider Fabrice Miquet.
17-06-2002, 07:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, Fabrice did do well too!
17-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Many thanks for identifying the other rider.

The pic was actually taken on Friday, but I have it listed as having been taken in practice ??

Anyway, now we know who both guys are.
18-06-2002, 02:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice to read all the info on Mirko, I am glad I was not the only one who noticed him the TT needs good foreigners like him and to drive his van all the way from Slovenia its like Joey in reverse. Sorry about the little slip up with Robert j. and Robert a. but I was close. Hope Mirko sticks to his word and comes back again.
18-06-2002, 09:12 PM