Hutchinson out on his own for Motorcyclist of the Year gong
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchinson out on his own for Motorcyclist of the Year gong
[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
As reported in the Belfast Telegraph - 14th January

When the Adelaide Irish Motorcyclist of the Year awards are announced this evening at a black tie function in the Ramada Hotel one category in particular seems clear cut with Ian Hutchinson odds-on favourite to collect the IFS International Road Racer of the Year title.

Hutchinson from Bingley in Yorkshire was in a class of his own in 2010 winning no less than 10 international road races including the unique achievement during the Isle of Man TT in June where he won all five solo races.

Riding Padgetts Honda’s Hutchinson also won the final race of the day at the North West 200, rode to a majestic treble at the Ulster Grand Prix before clinching the Scarborough Gold Cup at Olivers Mount.

However his season ended prematurely when he broke his left leg in an incident during the penultimate round of the British Supersport championship at Silverstone in September.

Regarding his season, Hutchinson said:

“It had been a brilliant season up until the accident, which is not what I asked for. The five wins at the TT were obviously the highlight of the year for me, an incredible achievement really and a lot of hard work.

“I have a photograph taken by Stephen Davison up on the mountain with all five trophies that is really special and distinctive simply because of what it records.

“It has been a long hard road until now as I had a number of fractures in my tibia, which have all healed bar one.

“I also had a problem with circulation six weeks after the accident and I have needed quite a few skin grafts. I am working hard towards being on the grid for the first race in the British Championship at Easter.”

As to who he will be riding for, he added: “I still have no news on that front and negotiations are ongoing.”

In acknowledgment of being nominated for the IFS International Road Racer of the Year award Hutchinson said: “This is an event I have been coming to for a number of years and finished runner-up a couple of times, to win it would be something special.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Website Find Reply