S100 - Steam Packet Confirm 2011 Sponsorship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
S100 - Steam Packet Confirm 2011 Sponsorship
[Image: s100hdr2011.jpg]

The Southern 100 is delighted to have the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company on board again as the event’s main sponsor.

Also known as ‘the friendly races’, the Southern 100 has a history dating back to 1955, with the Steam Packet Company becoming the main sponsor in 2000.

Steam Packet Company Chief Executive Mark Woodward said the firm has a long association with motorsport in the Island and he’s looking forward to this year’s event, which runs from July 11-14.

[Image: s1002011presentation1.jpg]
Members of the Southern 100 Committee with David Findlay of the Steam Packet Company

‘Many future British and World Champions have tested their skills on the 4.25 mile Billown circuit on the outskirts of Castletown,’ said Mark.

‘The 4-day Southern 100 event attracts a truly international entry and is an established favourite in the road racing calendar. Top class riders such as Ryan Farquhar, Guy Martin, Cameron Donald from Australia and local star Conor Cummins have graced the solo races, while the Dunlop dynasty has been upheld by Michael and William in recent years.

‘In the sidecar class we have seen local stars Dave Molyneux and Nick Crowe both win the championship and in 2010 former world champion Klaus Klaffenböck from Austria followed up his TT Double by winning at Billown. The mass starts and excellent vantage points on the circuit enable spectators to really savour the atmosphere of this popular race meeting which provides a focus for fans of Isle of Man road racing between the TT and Manx Grand Prix.’
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Website Find Reply