Cameron Donald in Reserve for Honda TT Legends
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Cameron Donald in Reserve for Honda TT Legends
Australian racer Cameron Donald has been confirmed as a reserve rider for the new Honda TT Legends team, which is set to contest the FIM Endurance World Championship and selected road-race meetings throughout 2011.

Donald will be on standby for Steve Plater, John McGuinness and Keith Amor at the two 24-hour races during the six-round Endurance World Championship – Bol D’or and Le Mans. He will take part in all practice and qualifying sessions but will only compete in the race itself if any of his teammates are forced out by injury.

As an Isle of Man TT winner and endurance race contender, Donald is ideally placed to join the TT Legends team as they launch their assault on the 24-hour races. In his debut TT year in 2005 he received the accolade of Fastest Newcomer and went on to secure two race wins in 2008.

At the end of 2010 Melbourne-born Donald signed for Honda-supported Wilson Craig Racing and will contest the TT, North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix. He will join the Honda TT Legends team at the 24-Hours Bol D’or at Magny Cours on 16/17 April and the 24-hour du Mans race at Le Mans on 24/25 September.

Cameron Donald

“I was already looking forward to this season’s racing when I got the call from Neil Tuxworth that the new TT Legends team needed a reserve rider, so I’m really thrilled. It looks like a fantastic new set-up with some really good experienced riders and I’m very happy to be a part of that. Of course, I’d love to get the opportunity to ride in one of the races but it’s always difficult if that’s at another rider’s expense. For now, I’ll be happy to get involved in practice and qualifying for the Bol d’Or and Le Mans.”

Neil Tuxworth, Team Manager, Honda TT Legends

“Cameron Donald is a great addition to the team. He has a proven track record as an incredibly fast rider and in the event that he is required to step in for one the original riders, we know he’ll perform well. He also has the connection to Honda already through the Wilson Craig team, so he’ll know the machines and be ready to race.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Website Find Reply