"The Friendly Races" - Join Prestigious Championship Series
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
"The Friendly Races" - Join Prestigious Championship Series
[Image: s100hdr2011.jpg]

July’s Southern 100 International Road Races are to be included in the prestigious Two Stroke Racing Supporters Club 250cc Championship for 2011.

Joe Wright, organiser of the long running series said: “It's really looking good for the stroker's this year, a new sponsor has come on board with a vital lifeline, and a cash injection to the club, which will see the 250 championship worth a staggering €10,000 in total prize money. We as a club believe this to be the biggest ever prize fund to be offered for any championship.”

The season will kick off at Cookstown, moving to Tandragee and includes rounds at Bush, Athea, Skerries, Kells, Walderstown, Faugheen, Armoy, Mid Antrim, Ulster Grand Prix, Killalane, and two point scoring rounds at the Sunflower race meeting at Bishopscourt, 14 rounds in total.

Adding an International flavour to the series, there will be two scoring rounds at The Friendly Races, better known as the Southern 100, in July.

[Image: southern125.jpg]
William Dunlop leads Chris Palmer
during Southern 100 - 2010

The prize fund will see the 1st place rider receive a staggering €2,500, 2nd will get €2,000, 3rd €1,000, the prize fund will pay out to 10th place where the rider will receive €300.00.

The championship winner will receive the Gary Dynes Memorial Cup, in memory of one of the great two stroke riders in his era.

The club will also receive two new cups, in memory of two riders who lost their lives in our beloved sport. The second and third placed rider will receive the Mark Young Memorial Cup, and the Andrew Neil Memorial Cup respectively.

All 250 riders are being asked to contact the Two Stroke Racing Supporters Club immediately, with their intentions of racing in the championship this year, the contact details are as follows,

A. J. Hughes, 6 St. Catherine's Park, Rush Co. Dublin, or Joe Wright, The Cottage, Loughshinny, Co. Dublin,
or by email at, two-stroke-joe@hotmail.com

You can also find the club's details on our website at www.irishroadracers.com

Joe concluded: "We are really looking forward to the new season, and are very much indebted to our new sponsor, who asked to remain anonymous at the present time, we hope to see full grids at every race meeting, especially with the lure of big cash, it may well see some new faces to the national road race scene. “We wish everyone a safe year ahead."

George Peach, Race Secretary of the Southern 100 said: “As organisers we are very honoured that the Southern 100 is to be included in this prestigious Championship and hopefully the two stroke boys will ensure that the grid is full for the two 250cc races which we run during the July races.

“They are all sure to receive the warmest of welcomes when they arrive at Billown for ‘The Friendly Races’.”

The first of the two eight lap races is due to held on the Wednesday evening, with the second being run during Championship Day, on Thursday afternoon.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
08-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Website Find Reply