Blackhorse Kawasaki - Anderson on board for 2011
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Blackhorse Kawasaki - Anderson on board for 2011
[Image: blackhorsekawasaki.gif]

With the start of the new racing season drawing ever closer, Blackhorse Kawasaki have completed their line-up by securing the services of Brad Anderson to compete in the Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship. The signing of the 22 year old from Stockport not only enables Blackhorse Kawasaki to mount a serious assault on the BSB Superstock scene this season, but also maintains the team's ethos of developing and encouraging young up and coming riders. Brad follows in the footsteps of Conor Cummins, Victor Cox, David Pearce and Olie Linsdell etc, who have all benefitted from the experience and knowledge of manager Ian Lougher and his team.

Anderson was recently under the watchful eye of Lougher during a test in Almeria, and the Welshman saw enough ability and attitude to convince him to bring the youngster on board for 2011.

Last season Anderson competed in the Metzeler National Superstock 600 series for the first time and put in some impressive performances, with an excellent eighth at Brands Hatch being worthy of note. And with both Cummins and Cox in Blackhorse Kawasaki colours again in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 class, Brad is in good company within the team and has an excellent foundation on which to build upon his 2010 mid-table finish in the Championship.

Brad Anderson:

'I am delighted to be joining Blackhorse Kawasaki in 2011 for the Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship. I am really looking forward to meeting up with the team and having a serious run-out on the team's Kawasaki ZX-6R when we go to Cartagena for pre-season testing in March. After that the hard work will really begin and I will be concentrating and focusing 100% on the championship.

The past two seasons have been a big learning curve for me, both on and off the track. If I'm being honest, it has been difficult at times trying to run my own team with just me and my dad. We have had plenty of good solid results but no wins or podiums, however joining Blackhorse Kawasaki has given me the best possible chance of not only putting that right but also performing at the highest level within my class and hopefully show my full potential and reach my goals.'

Ian Lougher:

'We are pleased that Brad is joining us for 2011, he's a talented lad who will fit in well with the team. Our line-up for this season is extremely strong and we know that in Victor Cox and Conor Cummins we have two of the best young riders in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship and we intend going all out for honours. The new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is an awesome piece of kit and really sets the benchmark for others to follow.

We are all looking forward to the forthcoming pre-season tests in Spain as it will give us a chance to come together as a team, have our first taste of the new machinery, and escape the cold and wet of the UK! Once testing is complete we can then concentrate on the job in hand with the opening round of the BSB season in April.'
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Website Find Reply