Pip Harris
aussieracer Offline

Threads: 4
Pip Harris
Hello,
Does anyone have the contact details of Pip Harris whose father I believe was Ron Harris - Winner of the 1933 Lightweight Manx Trophy.
I am eager to find photos of Ron's New Imperial at that 1933 Manx. I am in Australia, so a postal address or an email address of him or a close friend would be really helpful.
Peter Shannon
12-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Pip Harris
Does anyone have the contact details of Pip Harris whose father I believe was Ron Harris - Winner of the 1933 Lightweight Manx Trophy.

Sorry Peter - Pip's father was H. F. Harris (Harry) who rode works AJSs in the 20s in the TT & on the Continent.
12-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Find Reply
aussieracer Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Pip Harris
Thanks larryd,

There was a suggestion they were related. It couldn't be that simple could it.

I have a much harder contact request now!

What I have found out about Ron Harris is that Ron Harris was involved in running F2 Lotus cars after his motorcycle racing career and passed away in 1975 aged 69. He was survived by his wife, Francoise, and had a 4 year old daughter at the time.

The daughter actually went on another forum last year and said she had some amazing photos of her dad racing. She went by the name roseaimee. Unfortunately I have not been able to contact her.

Anyone have any idea where Francoise Harris and daughter Rose-Aimee might be contacted at now?

Peter Shannon
15-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Find Reply