Adelaide Motorcycle Festival: Anstey keen to keep his record
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Adelaide Motorcycle Festival: Anstey keen to keep his record
[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]

An exclusive ‘130mph club’ was launched at yesterday’s final day of the Adelaide Motorcycle Festival in Belfast.

Fifteen riders have now lapped the famous Dundrod circuit at over 130mph, and eight well-known faces were on hand to collect medals for their efforts from local road racing legend Raymond McCullough.

Noel Johnston, UGP Clerk of Course, said: “In 2010 the Ulster Grand Prix retained the accolade of being the world’s fastest road race, with Bruce Anstey’s 133.97mph lap during the second Superbike race. It smashed Conor Cummins’ previous record of 133.28mph, making him the world’s fastest road racer.

“It’ll be interesting to see who joins the ranks of the 130 Club in 2011, these guys really are pushing the bar year on year, which makes for incredibly exciting racing for the fans.

“It’ll be hard to beat Bike Week 2010, which by anyone’s standards gave us some of the best racing we’ve seen in a very long time.”

Bruce Anstey who was present in the Kings Hall said: “I was delighted to win the Superbike race back in August and to be named the world’s fastest road racer and to head up the 130 Club is the icing on the cake. I’m now looking forward to getting back to Dundrod this summer to defend my lap time.”

Ulster Grand Prix Bike Week will be held on August 7-13.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Website Find Reply