Motorcycling’s big names promise Easter treat
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Motorcycling’s big names promise Easter treat
[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
As reported on Tuesday 15th February 2011

Last weekend’s Adelaide Motorcycle Festival gave local promoters an opportunity to ‘big up’ their forthcoming events, with the Motor Cycle Road Racing Club of Ireland and Killinchy Club launching their Easter festival of racing and the prestigious Enkalon Trophy Race.

This all gets under way on Good Friday and Easter Saturday, April 22 and 23.

Qualifying and the now familiar Nutt Travel Sail to Pole session takes place on Good Friday from 11am, with a full set of championship races on Friday afternoon.

With the loss of current Irish Superbike, Supersport and 125GP champions Marshall Neill, Glenn Irwin and Nigel Percy respectively — who are all taking on British championship campaigns this term — we are guaranteed some new class champions this season.

In saying that, Easter always gives the local road men an opportunity to blow out the cobwebs before Cookstown.

With that in mind Cameron Donald and William Dunlop could don Wilson Craig Honda colours, Ryan Farquhar will be on his KMR Kawasakis and possibly TT winner Michael Dunlop and former NW200 winner Davy Morgan will be in action at Bishopscourt.

A full race programme on Easter Saturday (from 11am) will be complemented by the 35th running of the Enkalon Trophy race, run over 12 laps with a race prize fund of £2,600.

The Enkalon trophy has become a coveted prize in local racing with such names as Sam McClements, Robert Dunlop, Alan Irwin and Michael Laverty all previous winners.

2010 winner Marshall Neill will sadly not be there to defend his title due to his British championship commitments.

However, 2009 winner and official Honda Legends rider Keith Amor has suggested he may well use the Easter weekend to give his Supersport and Superstock Hondas a run out, as he will not be making the trip over to race at the North West 200.

And with further planned improvements made over the winter months to the Bishopscourt circuit, which could be less than three years away from a British Superbike meeting, what better way to spend the Easter weekend.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Website Find Reply