Michael Dunlop to ride factory Kawasakis at road races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Michael Dunlop to ride factory Kawasakis at road races
Michael Dunlop will ride factory Kawasakis provided by Paul Bird's World Superbike team at the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix.

Dunlop will compete in the Kawasaki colours in the Superbike and Superstock classes, complete with a team of top technicians and special factory parts.

The Ballymoney racer will also retain support from his personal sponsors and will take in several national races.

Dunlop will again ride a Yamaha machine in the Supersport class in 2011.

A number of top teams were interested in acquiring the services of the 22-year-old, including Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing.

[Image: mdunlopkwacker1.jpg]

"I'm grateful to Paul (Bird) for giving me this opportunity - it's great to be riding for a factory team and have my own people on board again too," said Dunlop.

"There's no reason why I can't win big bike races on this bike and make a name for myself by following in the footsteps of my dad Robert and uncle Joey," he added.

Dunlop secured his first international win with a success in the 250cc class at the 2008 North West 200.

He followed that up with a victory in a Supersport TT race in 2009 and took two second positions and a third-place finish at last year's TT, setting a new Supersport lap record in the process.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Website Find Reply