GUY MARTIN ON PRIME TIME TV
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
GUY MARTIN ON PRIME TIME TV
Guy Martin is currently out in Spain testing with the Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing team, but tonight the maverick Lincolnshireman demonstrates a diverse range of talents, with the launch of his BBC1 programme – The Boat that Guy Built.

Guy and his mate Mave take to the canals of Britain restoring a dilapidated narrow boat, refurbishing it with all the mod cons from the Victorian era. In the first episode Guy and Mave negotiate the Anderton Boat Lift on the Trent & Mersey Canal as they set off on their maiden voyage.

[Image: guyboat.jpg]

While their canal boat may be fuelled by coal, Guy and Mave quickly realise that in order to renovate the boat, they need to be fuelled by tea! This week’s episode revolves around the pair making themselves everything needed to create the perfect cuppa.

It’s not as simple as boiling the kettle though, as Guy and Mave first need to build a blast furnace to make a teapot. Striving for the perfect cup also necessitates Guy to take a trip to the Wedgewood factory to make cups.

Watch The Boat That Guy Built on BBC One. (Check Listings for local viewing times)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: GUY MARTIN ON PRIME TIME TV
Just aim to win a TT this year Guy........This TV series is not you as we know you !!!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
17-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Here on Saturday 09th April I am sitting, still wondering why Guy did that series for TV....

I have not seen anybody praise it on any of the websites I monitor. In fact all has gone quiet on the subject.

I really just cannot see the point of it and can only think it is part of the scheme to promote the TT globally by using a rider who is a top man in his chosen field to prove he can do something else.

I will be willing to stand abuse from people who thought it was as good as sliced bread, but I do feel that you out there must take a step back and really look at the six programmes where Guy was made to look like a bit of a fool in parts. His attempt to bake a cake....Wow, and that is supposed to be peak time TV..........................

Sorry Guy, but not again please....Just go and win a TT for us !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
09-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Website Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5
(09-04-2011, 08:10 PM)ian huntly Wrote: Here on Saturday 09th April I am sitting, still wondering why Guy did that series for TV....

I have not seen anybody praise it on any of the websites I monitor. In fact all has gone quiet on the subject.

I really just cannot see the point of it and can only think it is part of the scheme to promote the TT globally by using a rider who is a top man in his chosen field to prove he can do something else.

I will be willing to stand abuse from people who thought it was as good as sliced bread, but I do feel that you out there must take a step back and really look at the six programmes where Guy was made to look like a bit of a fool in parts. His attempt to bake a cake....Wow, and that is supposed to be peak time TV..........................

Sorry Guy, but not again please....Just go and win a TT for us !

I have to agree with what you wrote Ian, in many ways it was the waste of a potentially good programe. Not sure who I would have picked to feature in the series.
09-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Find Reply
Lee Offline

Threads: 11
I enjoyed it.
It was a no frills show that you could sit down with the kids and maybe learn a wee bit.
I thought Guy was himself and came across as always as a nice bloke.
Would I have watched all of them if Guy wasn't in it? Probably not.

Now go win that TT!
10-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
Judging from the reaction to the series that I have heard from non-racing fans, I can foresee a very bright future for Guy in TV. He has the personality and enthusiasm to make a successful lifetime career of it.

Unfortunately I think that it will only a months before his TV contractual obligations prevent him road racing. It will be our loss, but what an achievement for Guy.
12-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
I really enjoyed it too,as did many friends,both race enthusiasts and non bikers.Guy's personality is far more natural and funnier than most of the current batch of tv comedians.It was also a simple way for kids to learn how things can and were made.Good,clean fun,nothing wrong with that.
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Find Reply