Dreadful news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dreadful news
Many of you will know Jim Silver, sidecar driver from Aberdeenshire. His mother, Alice, rang me this afternoon to tell me that Jim was killed last night in an incident in Ballyclare, N.Ireland, near where he has been living. I understand from a news report that someone is in custody.
I would imagine it will be some time before funeral arrangements can be made, but if anyone wants to know about these, please contact me.
23-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Dreadful news
23-06-2002, 10:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cannot believe that Mr Silver is not here, he was a icon to club racers that everyone knew, did not have a bad bone in his body, one of the few people in the paddock that would never pass you by.
Thoughts to his family at this time.
23-06-2002, 10:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alice does not have access to email or internet, so any messages posted here I will print out and pass on.
23-06-2002, 10:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even after speaking too you earlier Helen we still cannott believe it. We were all having a BBQ tonight with Ian n Debs and although deeply shocked will always remember that cheery smile.One of scotlands roadracing charachters who will be sadly missed. Our thoughts are with his mum and family.
The Campbells.
23-06-2002, 11:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Absolutley dreadful news...Jim was a real gent and I feel privalaged to have known him and raced against him in the mid 90's.

I was greatful when he took avoiding action to miss me when I had an ealry exit from the chair as he was right behind us at the time.

Always had time for a chat when he was here for the Southern100 staying in his regular garage in Castletown just opposite the paddock.

He will be sadly missed.

24-06-2002, 10:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

On behalf of Bell Racing and the Bell Family I would I pass on our deepest sympathy to the family and close friends of Jim.
24-06-2002, 10:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Oh Dear--Sad news indeed--

Pass on our condolences please

BBHMG
29-06-2002, 06:25 PM