Cartagena test: Spotted in Spain
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Cartagena test: Spotted in Spain
Blackhorse Kawasaki's Connor Cummins returned from injury with his first laps at Cartagena this week and says that he is feeling really happy to be back on track, alongside some of his rivals including John McGuinness whilst Ian Hutchinson watched from the sidelines.

Connor Cummins made his track return with the Blackhorse Kawasaki team for the first time since his horrific accident at the Isle of Man TT last season. The Superstock 1000 rider admitted he felt comfortable straight away proving that his previous injuries have done little to hinder his enthusiasm on track.

Cummins said:

"It is good being back on the bike and it feels great. It has been the first time back on a bike here and it still feels the same as any other test. I have been getting back into it and just been making minor changes but everything is feeling positive and I don't seem to be struggling because of the previous injuries so I am happy."

[Image: conortesting.jpg]

Ian Hutchinson has been supporting the Swan Yamaha team from the sidelines, as he continues his recovery from his badly broken leg sustained at the Silverstone round last season.

John McGuinness was back out on the Padgetts Honda preparing for his road race campaign and wildcards in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship, he has been just getting up to speed.

McGuinness said:

"It has been the usual test for me, we didn't have any real goals here but it is about blowing the cobwebs today. Yesterday we lost a lot of time with the stoppages but we have done some tyre testing and everything is looking good."

Mike Booth has also been making good progress with the Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati team ahead of his Superstock title assault this season. Booth said: "It is definitely going well for us and I have been getting advice from Michael (Rutter) too which has been a great help. He gave me some advice on my riding style and I then went out and did my best time so far so I feel really happy and know we can make more progress before the start of the season."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Website Find Reply