Johny Burrows 2011
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
Johny Burrows 2011
Double Boost for Burrows for 2011
The 2011 road race scene will soon get under way, and one rider who has been relatively quiet in recent months is Dungannon rider John Burrows, however, John has been working hard behind the scenes, and is Pleased to announce Two major deals for his forthcoming season.
After weeks of negotiations, it is only in the past few days that Burrows, the regining Ulster and Irish Supertwins champion, along with his prospective sponsors agree terms for the forthcoming season, and the Two deals couldn’t be further apart!, One is locally based, whilst the other is across the Atlantic Ocean!
John will continue to campaign the BE Racing machines as raced in 2010, along with a new ZX10 Kawasaki for the Superstock races.

Burrows of BE Racing, has been given a tremendous boost by “Cookstown”. The local pork manufacturer confirmed yesterday , (Tuesday 8th March), a three-year sponsorship with the acclaimed road racer. Cookstown, who has always been a supporter of Northern Ireland’s motor cycle scene, with its investment at the NW200 in recent years, is to sponsor the local racer who set to take the racing circuit my storm this year.

John Burrows of BE Racing says:

“I’m absolutely happy to have Cookstown on board as our main partner. With Cookstown’s support we are heading into the 2011 season with full throttle! Back in 2003 I won my first road race at my local Cookstown circuit so to secure investment from a company based here in Cookstown is just fantastic. I’m looking forward to participating in the forthcoming racing season with my Cookstown gear and bikes.”

Colin Glennon, Marketing Manager, Cookstown, said:

“Working in partnership with John is an exciting time for the Cookstown brand. We are committed to supporting local talent and as big fans of the road-racing circuit in Ireland this sponsorship is the perfect fit. Cookstown is one of the province’s favourite locally-produced products and as John is home-grown talent we are pleased to associate our brand with him. I’m confident that John will perform extremely well on the tour this season, providing he starts the day with a hearty Cookstown breakfast!”

John concludes:

“Heading into the 2011 road race season with a well-known company like Cookstown behind me is a massive boost for the whole team. We intend to take in a full season of Irish national road races along with the NW200, Isle of Man TT, U.G.P and the Southern 100. Hopefully we can elevate ourselves and the Cookstown brand to the thousands of spectators that follow our sport locally and further afield.

“I welcome the Cookstown brand on as our title sponsor for 2011 however I am still very grateful to have maintained my loyal sponsors from 2010 which are, H2 Engineering, Burrows Engineering, Joni B supporters club, George Davidson, Wayne Acheson, Cookstown Caravans, G.M.C signage, David Campbell, Pat Nolan, Ian Burrows, plus all my trade support, speedycom, Pirrelli, NGK, Shark, Knox, Pazzo, R&G, TCX, Ferodo, Skidmarx, Hel, Talon, Probolt, And not forgetting all those that make it happen each and every weekend.”

[Image: b542.jpg]

And, Burrows goes Electric!
An added bonus for Johnny Burrows this week, along with the signing of his Sponsorship deal with Cookstown, John has also been asked by LIGHTNINGBIKE to ride their Electric bike at this years IOM TT.
Lightning bike are an Amercian Company who specialize in building Electric motor cycles, recently contacted Burrows about the possibility of him riding their machine at the TT, after a discussion, both parties agreed terms, which will see John being the First Irish rider to contest the Electric TT races.
The event was won last year by Amercian Mark Millar, and already for this years event, which has an entry of 20 competitors, top TT Stars such as Last years Five times a TT winner, Ian Hutchinson and Michael Rutter are amongst the runners, which carries an added bonus for the first rider to lap the circuit at over 100mph on an electric machine.
This deal will enable John to create his own little peice of history at the Isle Of Man TT Races.
John was contacted by an Indian team two years ago, for the same, but , unfortunately, their project didn’t get off the ground, however, Lightning Bike is going in a big way in USA, and they are very keen to do well at the TT.
They are building John a complete new motorcycle for the TT, and John hopes to go to the States to Meet the team and test the bike before the TT.
Mike Barnes, a former front runner in the AMA series in Amercia is their present rider in Amercia.
Some details regarding the Lightning Motorcycle.
The Lightning SuperBike is equally suited to track days or weekend rides on your favorite back roads. The Lightning SuperBike became the world's fastest production electric motorcycle with the FIM and AMA official World Record of 173.388mph and a best timed run of 176.044 mph at Bonneville during the World Finals in October. Lightning Motorcycle has partnered with Race Tech for track ready suspension development. Every Lightning SuperBike is factory equipped with track mapping data acquisition.
The Lightning Electric SuperBike has a usable freeway speed range of over 100 miles and a combined city and highway EPA range of over 150 miles and a top speed of over 180 mph.

Specs
SuperBike Motor:
3 phase AC liquid cooled 104kw 12,000 rpm motor.
Battery Pack:
345V 11kwh safe LiFePo4 nano phosphate battery pack.
Lightning Motorcycle exclusively uses the most powerful and safest best of breed batteries currently available.
Suspension:
The Lightning SuperBike has partnered with Race Tech for continual development of the world class suspension.
Brakes/Front:
Dual Brembo 310mm disc; Brembo radial-mount forged 4-piston calipers
Wheels/Tires/Front:
Marchesini forged aluminum 3.5" x 17", 120/70ZR17 - Race Compound
Wheels/Tires/Rear:
Marchesini forged aluminum 6.0" x 17", 190/55ZR17 - Race Compound
Regenerative Braking:
User programmable
Data acquisition with track mapping and interactive data analysis software
More details here;
http://www.lightningmotorcycle.com
09-03-2011, 11:11 PM