Has Anyone Had Their Mobile Phone Bill Yet???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has Anyone Had Their Mobile Phone Bill Yet???
I have just recieved my phone bill from Orange while roaming at the TT, (care of Pronto GSM) and am totally cheesed off with the charges, and a itimised bill that dosent make sense.

Anyone else had one similar...?????

Anyone would think the Isle of man was abroad not part of the British Isles.
25-06-2002, 11:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Has Anyone Had Their Mobile Phone Bill Yet???
My O2 bill has come out remarkably low, perhaps the fact that Manx Telecom is a subsidiary of O2 may have something to do with it.
25-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

25-06-2002, 11:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

26-06-2002, 12:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am dreading mine! You do get charged for incoming calls when roaming, T110
26-06-2002, 07:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

On this subject you were warned in fact Manx Telecom to their credit put a web page for visitors to study, for me it was once bitten twice shy.
26-06-2002, 12:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

the isle of man is not part of the uk, and therefore all calls are classed as international, usually about 46p a minute to recieve and to make calls.
Absolute rip off!
26-06-2002, 03:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mobile phone bill:YOU were warned!
There was a posting about the charges before
setting off to the TT!!!
I decided to just use text messages and found it
to be 16p instead of UK price of 10p, which wasn't bad.
I made one call while on the island which lasted
2min 40 sec and costed 40p plus vat, same for
one incoming call.
I to am on o2.
It seems crazy why its classed as international
and part of British Isles!
26-06-2002, 08:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Mobile phone bill:YOU were warned!
we are not part of UK we are MANX
26-06-2002, 11:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Isle of Man is NOT part of Great Britain or of the United Kingdom, but it IS part of the British Isles. So you're both right ! Incidentally, when are you two meeting up for that drink - MGP fortnight ?
27-06-2002, 12:13 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Further to the previous posting, I'm in a pedantic mood tonight, so here are the definitions of GB, the UK and the BI :-

Great Britain is the official name given to the three countries of England, Scotland and Wales and also includes the small adjacent islands EXCEPT the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

The United Kingdom consists of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The Isle of Man and the bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey are NOT part of the United Kingdom. Nor are they part of the European Union. They are British crown dependencies.

The expression "British Isles" is geographical and not political. They are a group of islands consisting of Great Britain, the whole of Ireland, the Orkney and Shetland Islands, the Isle of Man, the Inner and Outer Hebrides, the Isle of Wight, Scilly Islands, Lundy Island, the Channel Islands and many other offshore islands.

27-06-2002, 12:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

But surely HM the queen is on the Manx coins so its a bit confusing to me, on the question of tel call charges i visited Manx Telecom shop 2 years ago to clarify their charges and their answer was when we visit the UK we get ripped off, enough said.
27-06-2002, 10:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry you lot---It says quite plainly on all written material, "United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man"---

My telephone bill was realistic because we read the literature and only made "essential" calls..

Surely if an Island will willingly close its roads for excellent motorcycle racing it MUST be different from the "mainland"--

Think about it next time --you can't win ALL the time--
I must say as an absolute crawler that my phone calls were "handled" magnificently by Manx Telecom or GSM etc--Thank you for quick connection and operator assistance--

Thanks to the Manx !!!!
29-06-2002, 06:23 PM