Kindle TT
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Kindle TT
I downloaded "Free" Kindle to my laptop and am now building up a nice collection of "ebooks" to read.

I get the kindle books from Amazon at sensible prices (as little as 0.79p !)

I have just downloaded this one....Has anyone read it yet ??

Motorcycle Road Trips (Vol. 18) Isle of Man TT Races - The Greatest Road Racing On Earth (Backroad Bob's Road Trips) by Robert Miller (Kindle Edition - 25 Feb 2011) - Kindle eBook Buy: £2.12
Available for download now from Amazon
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2011, 02:29 PM by ian huntly.)
19-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Website Find Reply
Lee Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Kindle TT
I haven't read any books about the TT. Can you recommend any?
I did download from itunes an audio book titled. Saying Goodbye Is Never Easy: The Motorcycling Diary of First Time TT Competitor Axel Warlow
I paid about a fiver for it. I regret it. It was 35mins long Sad
19-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
You could read every book ever written about the TT but there is nothing like the experience of actually being present at this unique event.

There are dozens, written by riders and journalists and they get their own angle across very well but from their experiences.

Personally, after 64 years, my advice is to get yourself booked on the ferry, pick a homestay and take a credit card and a debit card. Be ready to go without sleep and eat and drink everything on the menu (kippers and scallops as well )

Just talk to people when you get on the ferry, you will soon make many pals who are spectators like you, and by the time you have seen the full two weeks of the TT period you can write a book yourself.

I have 64 years of happy vivid memories, but to me every year is better than the previous one and I have pals all over the world thanks to the TT.

What do you need to know ?? There are so many books both fact and fiction...Look on e-bay and see if you can get a GS Davison book called TT or Nick Harriss huge full book, again about the history of the TT.

They were wriiten a few years ago but before computers these were our main source of info, the course in pictures, the results of races from 1907 and vivid stories of man and machine............................failing that, there is wikipedia !

There is always my websites to fall back on http://www.bbhmg.eu and http://www.ttfan.co.uk

Hope to see you on the Island, I'll take you for a good informative lap in the car !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2011, 04:34 PM by ian huntly.)
19-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Website Find Reply
Lee Offline

The ferry's booked. Now I just need that piece of paper to get me from Melbourne to Belfast.

As far as a read is concerned I think a riders story would be my cup of tea. I wouldn't mind reading about the emotional challenges as well as the technical stuff. I have a few of those history and picture books but a good TT read I have not bumped into. Cheers for your tips.

Ian, I would love a lap in the car! That is a very generous offer and I will certainly keep in touch. Whenever is good for you will be good for me.
Last year we done a few laps using the "track guide." It was great, though I do remember wishing there was someone on board to tell us a few stories.

It's getting closer...
20-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Find Reply
Rennmax Offline

Threads: 4
Possibly of interest

http://www.ridingman.com/

Haven't got hold of it so far, anyone here who knows the book ?

Edit: One of my favourites is 'The last of the great road races' by Ronnie Mutch. Very evocative for me since it's focused on the event of 74, my first visit.
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2011, 04:10 PM by Rennmax.)
20-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Find Reply
Lee Offline

Cheers Rennmax,

Sounds good.

I found this info on where to find it as it's apparently sold out,

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsan...index.html
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2011, 02:09 PM by Lee.)
20-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Find Reply
Rennmax Offline

Threads: 4
Hi Lee, yes I was a bit too slow in ordering and the used ones I found at Amazon were only available within the States
An appetizer...' How North-Americans see the TT'
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/the-...n/1137648/

By the way, I don't get commission for promoting...
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2011, 02:54 PM by Rennmax.)
20-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Find Reply
Lee Offline

Great interview.

Hey, Leno would be an awesome guest to have at this years TT.
Could you imagine the publicity the Isle would get?
23-03-2011, 05:19 AM
Find Reply