William Dunlop Joins Wilson Craig
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop Joins Wilson Craig
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

After months of speculation, Ballymoney rider William Dunlop has officially joined forces with the highly successful Wilson Craig Racing Honda Team for the 2011 International Road Racing series, with Dunlop putting pen to paper last week at the Teams headquarters in Louth in England.

Even though William had known he would be joining the Team shortly after the New Year, there was still the final bits and pieces to sort out and at the request of Wilson Craig, it was given a low profile, so the official Team launch could be done properly, along with Williams new Team mate for 2011, Cameron Donald.

William Dunlop:

"Although I had agreed a deal with Wilson two or three months ago, he wanted to wait until the bikes were ready and Cameron Donald was over so it could be launched as a team and I had officially signed a contract, which was weird as I have always done that by word of mouth, but it has all been done properly. I went over with Wilson last weekend to Louth where I met up with Cameron and our engine tuner Chris Mayhew, who I have only known before through his reputation. We also went to the PTR workshop to see the bikes as they will be built to the same specification and the World Supersport 600 that they use with Sam Lowes and James Ellision. I took to the 600 right away, and I feel that the bike is the right one for me this year. It is hoped that I can get a track day somewhere before the season starts just to get the right feel with the bikes before we do the Easter weekend meetings at Bishopscourt and Kirkistown, so I really am looking forward to getting the season started".

[Image: wdunlopheadshot.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Website Find Reply